Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GB 123ignition, Now offering bluetooth for DJET
123ignitionusa
post Mar 17 2021, 10:45 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,587
Region Association: North East States

New release - Programmable Bluetooth with D-Jet outputs

Click this link123ignitionusa available 4/1/21
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Mar 17 2021, 10:48 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

One time I looked and saw two detailed YouTube videos on installing in a 914...IN DUTCH!!

Anybody translate it yet?

Paul
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Mar 17 2021, 11:00 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,154

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I concluded that most 914 people are camera shy which might explain the lack of installation videos for this product.

I recently found out that there is a web site called Cameo, to where you can pay celebrities to speak. I thought it might be fun to do a 123 dizzy installation video, and have either Gordon Ramsay or Adam Savage from mythbusters providing the instructional voice over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hi Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Mar 17 2021, 12:43 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Updated post one to include the new Djet bluetooth version. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
pete000
post Mar 17 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

I installed a blue tooth version in my 74 1.8 L-Jet and it worked awesome. It is way easy to install and program. Car runs like it never did before. I am going to jump in on this group buy and pick one up for my six. Thanks for setting it up !
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Mar 17 2021, 06:20 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

I bought the bluetooth version for my Ljet, and will get around to installing it very soon hopefully. I may need to pick your brain on what program you used in a few weeks!

If you do buy one for your six, that would make you number 5 in the group buy. Just one more for the 10% discount (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Mar 19 2021, 03:29 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 17 2021, 05:48 PM) *

One time I looked and saw two detailed YouTube videos on installing in a 914...IN DUTCH!!

Anybody translate it yet?

Paul

that's not dutch but German

Just installed mine and the guy who made the youtube videos did a good job

krgds
Dax
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Mar 19 2021, 03:35 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Damn...just bought a 123 ignition for my 74 2.0 djet last friday. Checked all websites (vendors and the manufacturer) and at that time there was no tune+ with bluetooth availaible for my car.

Two days ago the tune+ with bluetooth all of sudden appeared on the website of the manufacturer (and still not on the vendors website).

Damn if I knew this ... I even spoke with the seller before buying....

Not amused

Attached Image

greeting from Belgium, neighbouring country of The Netherlands... home of the 123 ignition manufacturer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

UPDATE : had contact with the manufacturer and they confirmed that their local dealers were not informed yet .... buggers

dax
+Quote Post
jhynesrockmtn
post Mar 19 2021, 08:03 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'm contemplating two of these. I have a stock 1970 1.7. In looking at the website it mentions the 123 distributor does work with EFI systems that need a trigger from the distributor. I am a relative newbie but I thought the 1.7 Djet was triggered by points on the distributor?

The other car I have is a 6cyl GT clone that I'm prepping for vintage racing. The motor was built using a factor 2 liter 914-6 case, 2.2 pistons and cylinders with a longer stroke 2.4 crank for higher compression, weber 46's. It is currently running an electro motive crank fire which most vintage race orgs frown on. Would this be a good replacement for that system for a vintage race car? The engine is out so now is the time to do this. I'm assuming the blue tooth version would give me the most programming flexibility and ease. Anyone with experience with this application?

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
CMONNETT
post Mar 19 2021, 10:08 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 8,162
Region Association: Southwest Region

Has anyone else had a problem with these 123's cutting out? I bought one for D-Jet on the first group buy to install when I finished my 2056 build. The thing didn't even last 1000mi. I finally just put the stock dizzy back in, and the car hasn't given me an issue since.

Thanks,

Chris
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 19 2021, 10:33 AM
Post #31

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 12:08 PM) *

Has anyone else had a problem with these 123's cutting out? I bought one for D-Jet on the first group buy to install when I finished my 2056 build. The thing didn't even last 1000mi. I finally just put the stock dizzy back in, and the car hasn't given me an issue since.

Thanks,

Chris

Sounds like a faulty unit. I'd send it back.

Zach
+Quote Post
rjames
post Mar 19 2021, 11:35 AM
Post #32

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467

QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 09:08 AM) *

Thanks,

Chris

What were the symptoms, or did it just completely stop working one day?
+Quote Post
Morrie
post Mar 19 2021, 02:59 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 8,198

QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 1 2021, 09:42 PM) *

Unlike the last GB, for this one, orders will be shipped on a first come first serve basis.
The first six will be refunded when number hits 6 and the code will be changed to reflect 10% discount. If the GB hits 10 then the free shipping will kick in and refunds will be issued. All went well the last time. I try to be as transparent as possible. Thanks for your support.
I would like to mention that the PC programmable units are few only because of demand being so low. So if any order the TUNE it will no doubt be a wait.
That is not the case with the Bluetooth TUNE+ or the switched models including the D-Jet.
Ed

Hi Ed,

Order placed!

How many orders so far? Hoping we get more than 10- looks like you hit the 6 threshold already. This is my second one. I have already replaced my D-Jet with the old style 123 (no BT) and love it. This one is going to be the BT version for non D-Jet for my 68 912.
+Quote Post
CMONNETT
post Mar 19 2021, 03:00 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 19 2021, 12:35 PM) *

Thanks,

Chris

At first it started with a real faint stumble, then the car would just start bucking real bad and finally died on the hwy. Had it towed home, and the thing fired up like nothing once it got off the truck. It was the first time I have ever had to tow the car in the 20yrs of ownership. It drove fine for a few days and started acting up again, swapped out the dizzy on the side of the road, and it's been fine since. I would send it back, but was told it's only a one year warranty.
+Quote Post
123ignitionusa
post Mar 19 2021, 03:14 PM
Post #35

Hey Guys we are at 5. From here forward 10% discount. If we hit 10 shipping will be refunded.

Hope this helps
Ed
+Quote Post
123ignitionusa
post Mar 19 2021, 03:18 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 04:00 PM) *

Thanks,

Chris

At first it started with a real faint stumble, then the car would just start bucking real bad and finally died on the hwy. Had it towed home, and the thing fired up like nothing once it got off the truck. It was the first time I have ever had to tow the car in the 20yrs of ownership. It drove fine for a few days and started acting up again, swapped out the dizzy on the side of the road, and it's been fine since. I would send it back, but was told it's only a one year warranty.

If you want to send it in to me I can check it out. Let you know what is wrong and give you an estimate to fix.

Hope this helps
Ed
+Quote Post
CMONNETT
post Mar 19 2021, 03:48 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 19 2021, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 19 2021, 04:00 PM) *

Thanks,

Chris

If you want to send it in to me I can check it out. Let you know what is wrong and give you an estimate to fix.

Hope this helps
Ed

That would be great! Thanks
+Quote Post
warpig
post Mar 19 2021, 09:49 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 12,002

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Mar 1 2021, 05:19 PM) *

Rats!!! I just purchased one last month. Oh well, win some, loose some.
Looking forward to getting it installed here very soon.

Cheers,
John

Me too. Haven't even opened it yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
So much for stockpiling parts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
Everyone should pay me a little $ to buy stuff so it will go on sale. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 21 2021, 08:02 AM
Post #39

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

what would be the advantage of having the blue tooth programmable version for d-jet vs my current one ? i have had the 123 for a few years, running strong no issues. i use the vac setting with i think is curve b. so it’s a pain t have to change the curve setting manually, i gues thst would be the advantage? it’s tempting!!
so 10% discount? if anyone wants a non-blue tooth version, mine has 2 years and less than 2500 miles on it, still mint like new(like the rest of my car) i would sell it for $100 off new thats a 20% savings- pm if interested.
+Quote Post
75914-L20C
post Mar 21 2021, 12:47 PM
Post #40

It isn't what you drive, but how you drive that counts.

Member No.: 5,204

I just ordered a bluetooth unit for my '75 L-jet. I got a 10% discount so the group buy is in the 6 - 10 range!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:46 AM