Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GB 123ignition, Now offering bluetooth for DJET
timothy_nd28
post Oct 17 2021, 07:25 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So I just now installed this bluetooth 123 dizzy on my Ljet, and wow! My 914 has been down for the past few years, and I have been slowly bringing it back to life this past week by installing a gowesty throttle body, new fuel injectors, high torque starter. Not only did it start on the first crank, it ran pretty damn well despite one of my new fuel injectors was not firing, causing my car to run on only three cylinders. After replacing the new faulty injector with new again (FJ707), I'm running on all 4 cylinders and this car has never ever ran this smooth before, simply amazing. I did a generic timing of 30 degrees at 3000 rpm, just to be in the ball park, but I plan to use Pete's curve to see if it changes the performance, seems pretty flat trying to accelerate. I haven't messed with any timing curves internal to the 123 dizzy, whatever is pre programmed out of the box is what I'm using, so this may explain why it's somewhat flat on acceleration.
I'm very impressed so far, thanks again everyone who participated in this group buy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Oct 17 2021, 07:44 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 18,984
Region Association: None

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 17 2021, 05:25 PM) *

So I just now installed this bluetooth 123 dizzy on my Ljet, and wow! My 914 has been down for the past few years, and I have been slowly bringing it back to life this past week by installing a gowesty throttle body, new fuel injectors, high torque starter. Not only did it start on the first crank, it ran pretty damn well despite one of my new fuel injectors was not firing, causing my car to run on only three cylinders. After replacing the new faulty injector with new again (FJ707), I'm running on all 4 cylinders and this car has never ever ran this smooth before, simply amazing. I did a generic timing of 30 degrees at 3000 rpm, just to be in the ball park, but I plan to use Pete's curve to see if it changes the performance, seems pretty flat trying to accelerate. I haven't messed with any timing curves internal to the 123 dizzy, whatever is pre programmed out of the box is what I'm using, so this may explain why it's somewhat flat on acceleration.
I'm very impressed so far, thanks again everyone who participated in this group buy

Another group buy?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
123ignitionusa
post Oct 26 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 19,587
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 17 2021, 09:25 PM) *

Hi Tim
Just wanted to let you know the curve that comes with the Bluetooth is a generic curve not intended for any particular car. It does give you something to work with. If you have a Porsche specific curve you can load in it should help quite a bit.
Don't forget to verify , synchronize the app with the motor.
Hope this helps
Ed
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Nov 15 2021, 11:26 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Oct 17 2021, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 17 2021, 05:25 PM) *

Another group buy?

I would be interested.
I have decided an ignition upgrade is due and will probably be buying a blue tooth version 123 shortly group buy or not.

Jim

There seemed to be some interest back in July when "wbgoggans" asked.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 11 2021, 06:51 PM) *

Yes

QUOTE(FifthOrb @ Jul 13 2021, 08:55 AM) *

QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Jul 6 2021, 03:42 AM) *

Anyone interested in doing another group buy?

Yes.

QUOTE(TX914 @ Jul 14 2021, 03:35 AM) *

Yes

+Quote Post
strawman
post Nov 16 2021, 07:16 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 8,624
Region Association: Central California

I'm interested in a group buy for my wife's 1975 L-Jet 914; I'd want the bluetooth version.
+Quote Post
post Feb 21 2022, 10:00 PM
Post #86

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 2 2021, 06:14 PM) *

Here is the curve I ended up with my 74 1.8 L-Jet. No vacuum used for either advance or retard.

Thanks for sharing this info. Are there other Curves out there to be shared by others for the bluetooth version. Engine is a 2056 w/1.7 Djet with 2.0 injectors. 2056 is 1.8 case with 2.0 crank/rods/pistons.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies,
Ken
+Quote Post
relentless
post Feb 22 2022, 02:44 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 7,636

I'd be in for another GB for my '76 d-jet.
+Quote Post
Van B
post Feb 22 2022, 02:51 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

QUOTE(strawman @ Nov 16 2021, 08:16 PM) *

I'm interested in a group buy for my wife's 1975 L-Jet 914; I'd want the bluetooth version.

Same here for my '74 L-Jet.

But, frankly, I'm a little worried it might be too much of a challenge to get right. I don't see any data on Vac advance/retard curves or RPM advance profiles. As one guy who's learning about distributors for the first time, I'm simply not up to the task. And without any experienced real-life 914 friends who are willing to help, I need a plug and play option.

If 123ignition had base maps for the L-Jet, I would already be an owner.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:48 AM