Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another WTB 1970-71 Front clip, Don't want to cut up my rust free donor car
rick 918-S
post Mar 14 2021, 08:39 AM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I posted this in the part classified too but maybe it belongs here.

I have a rust free 70 I picked up two years ago for a donor car for my 6 project. I am having a real hard time as I get closer to starting the work on my 6 with the thought of cutting a car with clean longs and hell hole. I am sure someone out there has a car laying in a heap that has rusted longs and floor from a battery acid issue with a clean front clip.

Testing the waters to see what's out there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
T.Rick6
post Mar 14 2021, 09:35 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 23,512
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 14 2021, 09:39 AM) *

I have a rust free 70 I picked up two years ago for a donor car for my 6 project. I am having a real hard time as I get closer to starting the work on my 6 with the thought of cutting a car with clean longs and hell hole. I am sure someone out there has a car laying in a heap that has rusted longs and floor from a battery acid issue with a clean front clip.

I responded to the other wtb, 600$, plus beer and gas 100$, plus wood for a crate approx.100$, plus shipping from north Ga. to you. ??$??
Todd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 14 2021, 09:42 AM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(T.Rick6 @ Mar 14 2021, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 14 2021, 09:39 AM) *

I responded to the other wtb, 600$, plus beer and gas 100$, plus wood for a crate approx.100$, plus shipping from north Ga. to you. ??$??
Todd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Next time you go visit take clear photos of the front panel without bumper. Pay close attention to the bumper mounting area. They tend to rust there. Check the seal channel around the headlight buckets. They tend to get through rust there.

Take photos of the inner wheelhouses and frunk floor. I am looking for damage free rust free. Surface rust is fine. Post the vin so I can verify the year. I am looking for only 70-71 cars. I will want the front cut through the center of the car so I can Trim off what I need. I pm'd my email address for the photos.

Lets see what else turns up.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:48 AM