Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 tech talk, Would anyone be interested in a weekly tech talk?
wbgoggans
post Mar 15 2021, 09:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,167
Region Association: South East States

914 world is a massive wealth of knowledge. However we are limited in spreading this knowledge by text. Would anyone be interested in starting a weekly Skype/ zoom/ clubhouse call? I think it would be a great way to discuss mechanical theories and shoot the shit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Mar 15 2021, 10:42 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Mar 15 2021, 08:55 PM) *

914 world is a massive wealth of knowledge. However we are limited in spreading this knowledge by text. Would anyone be interested in starting a weekly Skype/ zoom/ clubhouse call? I think it would be a great way to discuss mechanical theories and shoot the shit.

Ian karr is already doing something like this. He has weekly videos and is having pateron meetings. I know I've attended one not long ago.
The only difference is that the Pateron thing requires a small subscription. I don't mind throwing a few bucks a month at his projects. He's been great at providing MANY videos on how to do stuff. The meetings are a bonus @iankarr whens the next one coming up?
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Mar 15 2021, 10:46 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This is the first I’ve heard of a meeting. Please share more about how to join in
+Quote Post
wbgoggans
post Mar 15 2021, 11:25 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 16 2021, 12:42 AM) *

QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Mar 15 2021, 08:55 PM) *

Ian karr is already doing something like this. He has weekly videos and is having pateron meetings. I know I've attended one not long ago.
The only difference is that the Pateron thing requires a small subscription. I don't mind throwing a few bucks a month at his projects. He's been great at providing MANY videos on how to do stuff. The meetings are a bonus @iankarr whens the next one coming up?

Ian karr’s videos are great. Would you mind posting a link so I can subscribe to his patron and join in?
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Mar 16 2021, 09:16 AM
Post #5

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Thanks @mikey914 ! The zooms are a lot of fun. You can join at http://www.patreon.com/iankarr. As Mark said, theres a small fee...but it helps keep me on track with videos, and I also post exclusive content. It starts at 3 bucks/ month and there are other tiers with more benefits and swag. I recently put up a field trip to European Motor Works and a 30 minute interview with Len Hoffman of HAM about his 914 heads.
+Quote Post
wbgoggans
post Mar 16 2021, 10:43 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(iankarr @ Mar 16 2021, 11:16 AM) *

Thanks @mikey914 ! The zooms are a lot of fun. You can join at http://www.patreon.com/iankarr. As Mark said, theres a small fee...but it helps keep me on track with videos, and I also post exclusive content. It starts at 3 bucks/ month and there are other tiers with more benefits and swag. I recently put up a field trip to European Motor Works and a 30 minute interview with Len Hoffman of HAM about his 914 heads.

I just joined. when is the next tech talk?
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Mar 16 2021, 10:50 AM
Post #7

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Thanks and welcome! The next zoom / hang / tech talk is this Sunday 3/21 @ 6pm ET. The link will be posted in patreon...looking forward to seeing you.
+Quote Post
Grosbard
post Mar 19 2021, 11:32 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,862
Region Association: Southern California

Woah! Just learned of these meetings. Assuming I can make the time work this week, I'm in!! If not, I'll be at the next ones.
+Quote Post
TonyA
post Mar 19 2021, 11:42 AM
Post #9

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596
Region Association: North East States

As soon as I straighten out my crap with paypal I am in.

THANKS,
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 09:13 PM