Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 tech talk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbgoggans
914 world is a massive wealth of knowledge. However we are limited in spreading this knowledge by text. Would anyone be interested in starting a weekly Skype/ zoom/ clubhouse call? I think it would be a great way to discuss mechanical theories and shoot the shit.
Mikey914
QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Mar 15 2021, 08:55 PM) *

914 world is a massive wealth of knowledge. However we are limited in spreading this knowledge by text. Would anyone be interested in starting a weekly Skype/ zoom/ clubhouse call? I think it would be a great way to discuss mechanical theories and shoot the shit.

Ian karr is already doing something like this. He has weekly videos and is having pateron meetings. I know I've attended one not long ago.
The only difference is that the Pateron thing requires a small subscription. I don't mind throwing a few bucks a month at his projects. He's been great at providing MANY videos on how to do stuff. The meetings are a bonus @iankarr whens the next one coming up?
PanelBilly
This is the first I’ve heard of a meeting. Please share more about how to join in
wbgoggans
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 16 2021, 12:42 AM) *

QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Mar 15 2021, 08:55 PM) *

Ian karr is already doing something like this. He has weekly videos and is having pateron meetings. I know I've attended one not long ago.
The only difference is that the Pateron thing requires a small subscription. I don't mind throwing a few bucks a month at his projects. He's been great at providing MANY videos on how to do stuff. The meetings are a bonus @iankarr whens the next one coming up?

Ian karr’s videos are great. Would you mind posting a link so I can subscribe to his patron and join in?
iankarr
Thanks @mikey914 ! The zooms are a lot of fun. You can join at http://www.patreon.com/iankarr. As Mark said, theres a small fee...but it helps keep me on track with videos, and I also post exclusive content. It starts at 3 bucks/ month and there are other tiers with more benefits and swag. I recently put up a field trip to European Motor Works and a 30 minute interview with Len Hoffman of HAM about his 914 heads.
wbgoggans
QUOTE(iankarr @ Mar 16 2021, 11:16 AM) *

Thanks @mikey914 ! The zooms are a lot of fun. You can join at http://www.patreon.com/iankarr. As Mark said, theres a small fee...but it helps keep me on track with videos, and I also post exclusive content. It starts at 3 bucks/ month and there are other tiers with more benefits and swag. I recently put up a field trip to European Motor Works and a 30 minute interview with Len Hoffman of HAM about his 914 heads.

I just joined. when is the next tech talk?
iankarr
Thanks and welcome! The next zoom / hang / tech talk is this Sunday 3/21 @ 6pm ET. The link will be posted in patreon...looking forward to seeing you.
Grosbard
Woah! Just learned of these meetings. Assuming I can make the time work this week, I'm in!! If not, I'll be at the next ones.
TonyA
As soon as I straighten out my crap with paypal I am in.

THANKS,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.