Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1970 914 roller
targa72e
post Mar 30 2021, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,392
Region Association: None

Sold Sold Sold- will be used for -6 conversion GT project

Nice 1970 914 roller from dry climate, L20E signal orange. Plenty of projects cars with lots of hidden rust out there, here is one that you can see what you are getting into. I purchased this car for a -6 conversion. As you can see I removed most of the paint from all the common rust areas so I could see what I was starting with. The longs, floors, sail panels, fenders, doors etc are all solid. The hell hole is solid with just surface rust. The front right has been repaired in the past and there is some rust in the seal channel. I ended up finding another roller that was someone’s abandoned restoration project that was further along and have decided to use that for my -6 project. I am losing my storage and regrettably need to sell this car. This 914 roller is pretty complete with interior, suspension, brakes glass etc. If you are interested PM me and I can provide my phone number to discuss. I also have a 73 engine from another -6 conversion that was running when removed 4 years ago and a core tail shift transmission that are available for an additional charge. I have a clear CO title in my name and I am asking $1800. Car is located in Littleton, CO. Link to Google drive with more pictures.

Also some answers from others. Yes, has keys and they work in all locks. brakes and parking brakes work. Dash looks to have been re-covered looks nice. solid floor pan. driver quality rear chrome rear bumper front included has some dents and rust (not from this car). I can help load.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vng...K3z97s8L1WTe1M4

I just had another car shipped to me. I talked with the shipper and they can do inoperable cars. Cost is a little less then a dollar a mile if you are in a major city. more if of the the beaten path.I can provide contact information.

Thanks,

john

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 30 2021, 09:05 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Good deal. You guys are lucky. A stripped car like that would be a rusty heap in 24 hours on the east coast.
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Mar 30 2021, 10:01 AM
Post #3

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with Mark. You could do a timelapse over 48h and see rust if that was in Cleveland over the winter. Great deal for someone. GLWS.
+Quote Post
targa72e
post Mar 31 2021, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Yes, lucky its very dry in Colorado. I have a 911 door i stripped that has been bare for 5 years, no sign of rust.

john
+Quote Post
targa72e
post Apr 12 2021, 08:20 PM
Post #5

I have had requests for more pictures of different areas and those have been added to google drive folder. Also some answers from others. Yes, has keys and they work in all locks. brakes and parking brakes work. Dash looks to have been re-covered looks nice. no rust in floor pan. If you have questions or would like additional pics let me know.

John
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 13 2021, 12:53 PM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

What month / year is the build date? Thanks
+Quote Post
targa72e
post Apr 13 2021, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Build date 5/70

john

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
targa72e
post Apr 21 2021, 10:39 AM
Post #8

new lower price
+Quote Post
targa72e
post May 7 2021, 11:00 PM
Post #9

heading to ebay
+Quote Post
targa72e
post May 10 2021, 12:32 PM
Post #10

on Ebay

http://ebay.us/gnKgif?cmpnId=5338273189

914world price now $1800.

john
+Quote Post
TB73
post May 15 2021, 10:34 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 16,055
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(targa72e @ Mar 30 2021, 04:51 AM) *

Nice 1970 914 roller from dry climate, L20E signal orange. Plenty of projects cars with lots of hidden rust out there, here is one that you can see what you are getting into. I purchased this car for a -6 conversion. As you can see I removed most of the paint from all the common rust areas so I could see what I was starting with. The longs, floors, sail panels, fenders, doors etc are all solid. The hell hole is solid with just surface rust. The front right has been repaired in the past and there is some rust in the seal channel. I ended up finding another roller that was someone’s abandoned restoration project that was further along and have decided to use that for my -6 project. I am losing my storage and regrettably need to sell this car. This 914 roller is pretty complete with interior, suspension, brakes glass etc. If you are interested PM me and I can provide my phone number to discuss. I also have a 73 engine from another -6 conversion that was running when removed 4 years ago and a core tail shift transmission that are available for an additional charge. I have a clear CO title in my name and I am asking $1800. Car is located in Littleton, CO. Link to Google drive with more pictures.

Also some answers from others. Yes, has keys and they work in all locks. brakes and parking brakes work. Dash looks to have been re-covered looks nice. solid floor pan. driver quality rear chrome rear bumper front included has some dents and rust (not from this car). I can help load.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vng...K3z97s8L1WTe1M4

I just had another car shipped to me. I talked with the shipper and they can do inoperable cars. Cost is a little less then a dollar a mile if you are in a major city. more if of the the beaten path.I can provide contact information.

Thanks,

john

Please contact me
Thank you
Todd

Todd 808-283-8722
todd@toddboydhomes.com

+Quote Post
targa72e
post May 25 2021, 08:28 PM
Post #12

sold sold sold
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:13 PM