Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Made a $$$ Mistake, Still Learning The Hard Way
914Sixer
post Mar 30 2021, 02:49 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

As you all know, I restore relay boards. Jeff B suggested that I go to using an electrical compound Epoxyseal 9000($40) to seal the relay boards. So, I had 7 boards to seal up. They were all cleaned, tested and ready to go. I had enough to do 4 the old fashion way. All the boards were sealed with silicone in the 4 areas that will leak otherwise and left to dry for two days. So yesterday, I followed the mixing instructions for the Epoxyseal 9000 and set about filling the compound in the back of the boards. Everything looked good when I left them to dry. Went to the warehouse this morning, 3 ruined boards. Best I can tell the epoxy did NOT play well with anything it came into contact with. The epoxy ate the glue off the tape and came out the side of the end and the voltage regulator screws. Guessing it melted the silicone and ran out the voltage regulator plug and the clip lockdown holder. Could not even to begin to peal the tape off the boards. 4 hours, $40 and 3 ruined relay boards

Not sure what you can use to plug up board before pouring the Epoxyseal 9000.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:59 AM