Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New-to-me 914/6 just sitting for 5 months, Advice ... what to look out for or do before driving?
Rufus
post Apr 5 2021, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,840
Region Association: None

Hi All - As some may recall, I bought this 914/6 last summer:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=346147&hl=

The engine’s an RS spec 2.7l w/S cams, Webers, RS pistons & cylinders. Leakdown results last summer were acceptable (10-12% IIRC). It’s been driven only 11,000 miles since being rebuilt in 1993.

After spending several months at Rothsport having some work done, I received it in late November. Because of COVID, I mailed the registration/title paperwork to the DMV ... which they lost. I’m just now, finally, about to receive the new plate, registration, etc., so I can go for my 1st drive.

Since November, I’ve kept the battery charged, increased tire pressures, and raised the car to rotate the wheels. Engine hasn’t been turned over or started since 11/22/2020.

Besides correcting tire pressures, is there anything else I should do before the first drive?

Is 5 months of sitting idle long enough to worry about the chamber carbon deposit issue and need for a treatment like Berryman B-12 chemtool as described in Wayne Dempsey’s book?

Any advise is welcome...

Bob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:50 AM