Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emergency brake, No resistance on lever, does not engage
tsvo
post Apr 9 2021, 06:35 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,616
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Apr 9 2021, 07:30 AM) *

If you look in Dion's second pic above you can see the switch is mounted right into that metal cross member on the floor pan and then grounded to the chassis. Get a replacement switch and insert it into that square shaped hole on the metal cross member. Then make sure the wire is grounded either by connecting it what's left of the original wire or doing it in a manner to what Dion did.

Just to be clear, the e-brake is a mechanical setup, though. In and of itself this isn't causing the original issue you described (unless pieces of your switch are interfering with operation somehow).

Thank you Rob, I will get the new switch. Your second comment is what I am still concerned about. I really didn't do anything and now the e brake works. I will replace the switch and have to wait and see if I have any further issues with the e brake down the road.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:00 PM