Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decided on EZ Car Lift., Confirming configuration...
914forme
post Apr 14 2021, 06:43 AM
Post #21

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 13 2021, 10:48 PM) *

Where did you buy it ?

You can find them on Amazon as listed above, I got my from Home Depot, it was in stock same slightly less of a price, like Pennys, but had it the same day. And used it with in 20 minutes of it being in my hands. Got it 10 years ago so delivery options out to my area where not as robust as they are now.

One other thing I have found over the years. Your adapter makes a huge difference in the quality of the experience.

I grabbed an adapter for a 3/8" deep socket from Harbor Freight, and with the old 1/2" 800 RPM drill, it was fine slight vibration. Chucked it into the 2500 RPM drill and it felt like I was driving at 70 with four flat unbalanced tires. I replaced it with one from a better know brand. And did not have the same issue. So I stuck with it. That drill, deep socket, and adapter are a dedicated tool for that operation. Sits right next to the lift all the time. 10 years of loyal service, out of the drill, and still going strong.

If you call EZCarLift they(Boytcho) will go over all your cars and let you know the adapters you need, and the cars in your fleet you can lift with the lift.

Only thing currently in my fleet I can not lift is the X5M, 750i, and the Silverado. LOL that leaves a 914-6 which is on it, and the Boxster.

If he would build one that would lift say 7K I would be first in line. I like the lift that much, and have used several over the years and own a competitors right now that used Hydraulics, weights more, is more obstructed, lifts close to parallel but not quite, have hoses to have to deal with. A pump that has to be mounted flat, so it sits on the floor all the time. List goes on and on. That lift would be sold in a NY minute, and a EZ-Truck Lift purchased the very next. Might have my trigger finger ready to click when lift was picked up.

EZ-Truck Lift I like it, see Boytcho (the inventor) I gave you the marketing, heck I will even bounce the design idea I have in my head to make it work.

Heck I would like a setup with then narrow braces to build a lift that would go to the deck of a pickup truck. That way you can safely unload larger items with out cranes, a loader, forklift etc. I don't mind lifting large loads up in the sky, but doing it with out proper gear, is a pain. And can kill you!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
akp2002
post Apr 14 2021, 01:14 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 25,059
Region Association: North East States

Just reworked 64' crossbars so they will fit under 914 either way. Helps when I have a Bridgeport EZ Trak Milling Machine!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Apr 14 2021, 01:57 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

@Mepstein - I can bring the Bauer HF Hammer Drill I used and the bit to Carlisle

Well spent $2k
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-18763-1618430276.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 14 2021, 02:54 PM
Post #24

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Apr 14 2021, 03:57 PM) *

@Mepstein - I can bring the Bauer HF Hammer Drill I used and the bit to Carlisle

Well spent $2k
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-18763-1618430276.1.jpg)

Thanks. I’ll pm you.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 10:17 AM