Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My 38 Year 914 Story, Six Conversion
Rose914
post Apr 15 2021, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,643
Region Association: Upper MidWest

First a sincere thank you to Perry Kiehl for helping me get this car running!

I retired last year and committed myself to finish the six conversion i started 28 years ago and get this sweet 914 back onto the road. As Perry knows its a runner and a driver again! Still have plenty of work to do to get it running and driving well enough to get on the track which is my goal. A little more of this story. I've had the car for 38 years, but drove it for the first time in 1978 when my friend bought it. I bought from him in 1983. It's a 1974 2.0 with a 1973 911T in it now. Pretty close to an original six with all the original parts and pieces. (note i haven't figured out how to upload pictures here yet)

BillAttached Image

Making progress with the photos!Attached Image Attached Image

Took some lower resolution pictures today to add to the story. So more of the story on my 74 914. I started talking it to PCA DE's in 1990 with the original 2.0 and had a blast. Put in the Safety Devices Rollcage and Mid-Engineering wheels and Yokohama A008RS. Then i decided that this would be a dedicated track car and bought a rebuilt 1973 911T engine from Tom Bruch, Bruch Motorwerke in Iowa City. He set the engine up with original 914-6 oil cooler and all the lines and the Webers. Life got in the way and it sat for 28 years.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:28 PM