Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: 2.0L engine tin
Zaffer
post Apr 25 2021, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,343
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am looking for just the tin with the spark plug holes in them (i.e. primary cooling tin on top side). I have two sets of 1.7 liter with one set having the 2.0L spark plug holes cut in. I just figured two sets of holes are not nearly as efficient as one set of holes. Doesn’t need to be perfect.

Shipping would be to Radiant, VA 22732.

Thank you!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Apr 25 2021, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Dominic

Member No.: 149
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Zaffer @ Apr 25 2021, 10:20 AM) *

I am looking for just the tin with the spark plug holes in them (i.e. primary cooling tin on top side). I have two sets of 1.7 liter with one set having the 2.0L spark plug holes cut in. I just figured two sets of holes are not nearly as efficient as one set of holes. Doesn’t need to be perfect.

Shipping would be to Radiant, VA 22732.

Thank you!

If you have a set with the holes already cut out for 2.0L heads, why not just weld up the original 1.7L holes? If you don't need it to look perfect, you can tape over the holes with metal HVAC duct tape.

Original 2.0L top engine tins are getting harder to find.
+Quote Post
Zaffer
post Apr 25 2021, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,343
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Yeah, they are. I’ve thought about welding the tin, I’m just not a good welder.

I used to have the original tin, but years ago the engine caught fire and the insurance company took the car (I was poor and couldn’t afford to keep the car). The guy who bought it from the insurance company installed a 1.8L engine and his helper stole the 2.0L tin and sold it. I since bought a 2.0L engine, but it didn’t have the tin.

I’ll figure something out and keep my eyes peeled for a set.

Thanks, and if anyone has any, please let me know!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:02 PM