Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 2.0L engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Zaffer
I am looking for just the tin with the spark plug holes in them (i.e. primary cooling tin on top side). I have two sets of 1.7 liter with one set having the 2.0L spark plug holes cut in. I just figured two sets of holes are not nearly as efficient as one set of holes. Doesn’t need to be perfect.

Shipping would be to Radiant, VA 22732.

Thank you!
Dominic
QUOTE(Zaffer @ Apr 25 2021, 10:20 AM) *

I am looking for just the tin with the spark plug holes in them (i.e. primary cooling tin on top side). I have two sets of 1.7 liter with one set having the 2.0L spark plug holes cut in. I just figured two sets of holes are not nearly as efficient as one set of holes. Doesn’t need to be perfect.

Shipping would be to Radiant, VA 22732.

Thank you!

If you have a set with the holes already cut out for 2.0L heads, why not just weld up the original 1.7L holes? If you don't need it to look perfect, you can tape over the holes with metal HVAC duct tape.

Original 2.0L top engine tins are getting harder to find.
Zaffer
Yeah, they are. I’ve thought about welding the tin, I’m just not a good welder.

I used to have the original tin, but years ago the engine caught fire and the insurance company took the car (I was poor and couldn’t afford to keep the car). The guy who bought it from the insurance company installed a 1.8L engine and his helper stole the 2.0L tin and sold it. I since bought a 2.0L engine, but it didn’t have the tin.

I’ll figure something out and keep my eyes peeled for a set.

Thanks, and if anyone has any, please let me know!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.