Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> trailing arm bushing replacement, need bushing source and advice
914 RZ-1
post May 12 2021, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Porsche Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,230
Region Association: Southern California

I need to replace the trailing arm bushings. These are pressed in to the trailing arm, correct? The bushings are not listed as an item on the PET, it just notes that the trailing arm comes with the bushings. 914rubber doesn't seem to have them. Pelican does (https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/993015335.htm?pn=99-3015-335-M523&SVSVSI=5874&DID=12870), but they are the ones I'm told squeak over time. Is there another source for these? I need a part number as well, unless the Pelican part number (Part #: 99-3015-335-M523) is correct.

What is involved in replacing these? I'm assuming I need to remove the rear trailing arms, which involves removing the brake lines, the e-brake, wheels, etc. Anything else I should look out for? I have a friend who has a press for getting the bearings in and out. Any special tools needed? Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:00 PM