Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tip on repairing the Jack Post
rick 918-S
post May 14 2021, 05:59 AM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I am not sure this topic has been addressed. In case it has here it is again. I thought this would be helpful. When locating the jack post and cover either on a new part or just repairing the existing long try this. Anyone that has tried to get the post centered can relate to the frustration.

I use the outer rocker cover to find center. The nut that is welded inside the inner rocker is centered on the jack post or vise-versa. Clamp your repair section in place. Use the rocker cover to find the inner nut location, Mark center.

Then use Super Glue on the post, Slip the cover over the post until the glue sets. Pull off the post cover (support) and you are ready to tack it. Once you hit it with the welder it will break the super glue connection but you will be able to get it set in place for an easy jack post support installation.

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:40 PM