Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tip on repairing the Jack Post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I am not sure this topic has been addressed. In case it has here it is again. I thought this would be helpful. When locating the jack post and cover either on a new part or just repairing the existing long try this. Anyone that has tried to get the post centered can relate to the frustration.

I use the outer rocker cover to find center. The nut that is welded inside the inner rocker is centered on the jack post or vise-versa. Clamp your repair section in place. Use the rocker cover to find the inner nut location, Mark center.

Then use Super Glue on the post, Slip the cover over the post until the glue sets. Pull off the post cover (support) and you are ready to tack it. Once you hit it with the welder it will break the super glue connection but you will be able to get it set in place for an easy jack post support installation.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Neat idea, thanks Rick.
ndfrigi
Thank you again for sharing from your expertised Ric!
Hope your new house with bigger and perfect garage is 100% done!

Arno914
When I replaced my jack post looong time ago, I left the rear of the square tube that faces inward open. This way it makes a perfect inspection and rustproofing access point for the longs. Plus adding (I guess) some ventilation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.