Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Werks Reunion 2021- Amelia Island - Dr. Phil a winner!
914_teener
post May 25 2021, 11:47 AM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 23 2021, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 23 2021, 10:47 AM) *

Congratuations. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Probably was the hand polished airbox that put you over the top and onto podium. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

@Superhawk996

lol yea that and the. ski rack and surf board they loved that!!!

Congrats Phil.

As Hoyland knows......the board is on backwards. Maybe only on the Copper Metalic Teeners it goes that way?

Beautiful car and glad you entered it there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 25 2021, 03:59 PM
Post #42

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

Here are a few more photos of the 914-6 Test Mule.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 25 2021, 04:05 PM
Post #43

Not a Guru!

Here are a few photos of a white 914-6 GT.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 25 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #44

Not a Guru!

And a few of Dr. Phil's very nice 914.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 25 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #45

Not a Guru!

Just before it started to rain.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
9146GUY
post May 26 2021, 12:50 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 19,420
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Mike....nice shots of all the 914's at Werks.

We just got back to Ohio yesterday afternoon and haven't had time to post anything about the Mule. Your photos show just about everything on the car worth showing. All angles are covered.

We felt a bit out place in the class we were in but we managed a second to a very nice 356 Outlaw, but we just wanted the car to be seen. Actually, Werks was the first time the 914-6 Mule was seen by anyone, ever.

The car has a very interesting history and the upcoming article in Pano will really explain the car. BTW, the car had never been wet in 30 years until the rain shower at the show.

Attached Image

Engine is a short stoke 2.4 S with 2.2 S injection stacks

As I said, the car will be featured in an article in Pano in the next few months. The article has been written for several months and the photo shoot was delayed when Werks was moved from March to May. We did the photo shoot Thursday morning.

The car was a test vehicle at Porsche and as such has a few things a bit different than normal. The front suspension is one example. The article will show the 7 inch longer torsion bar set up on the front of the car for example. I have email conversations with the Porsche engineer in charge of the suspension work and he remembers the car quite well. He in fact was the second owner of the car as he bought it from Porsche after the test program was completed.

Attached Image

Another difference is a lever under the steering column that allows the steering wheel and column to be moved up and down. Nice for big guys like me.....LOL
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 26 2021, 03:30 PM
Post #47

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(9146GUY @ May 26 2021, 02:50 PM) *

Mike....nice shots of all the 914's at Werks.

We just got back to Ohio yesterday afternoon and haven't had time to post anything about the Mule. Your photos show just about everything on the car worth showing. All angles are covered.

We felt a bit out place in the class we were in but we managed a second to a very nice 356 Outlaw, but we just wanted the car to be seen. Actually, Werks was the first time the 914-6 Mule was seen by anyone, ever.

The car has a very interesting history and the upcoming article in Pano will really explain the car. BTW, the car had never been wet in 30 years until the rain shower at the show.

Attached Image

Engine is a short stoke 2.4 S with 2.2 S injection stacks

As I said, the car will be featured in an article in Pano in the next few months. The article has been written for several months and the photo shoot was delayed when Werks was moved from March to May. We did the photo shoot Thursday morning.

The car was a test vehicle at Porsche and as such has a few things a bit different than normal. The front suspension is one example. The article will show the 7 inch longer torsion bar set up on the front of the car for example. I have email conversations with the Porsche engineer in charge of the suspension work and he remembers the car quite well. He in fact was the second owner of the car as he bought it from Porsche after the test program was completed.

Attached Image

Another difference is a lever under the steering column that allows the steering wheel and column to be moved up and down. Nice for big guys like me.....LOL

hey i just wanted to say it was so great to see this car and get to meet you at Werks. such a great car with great history, could ans should have been first in that class, as nice as that 356 was. so thanks for showing it and having documented it’s history! i hope to see it again and see you again when i get mine back in the road and the motor issue is sorted out.

Phil
@9146GUY
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:37 PM