Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are there schematic diagrams of the 914 monocoque/body/etc.?, Looking to better understand the puzzle
SavingManuals
post Jun 9 2021, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,044
Region Association: None

Are there any parts explosion diagrams online that clearly show the entire monocoque structure of a 914, offering multiple views so that I can understand how a puzzle of replacement chassis parts would fit together? This would also help me understand where rust may hide in the places I can't see. I've done some searches here but not found exactly what I had in mind. Overall, this is what I have found thus far:

1. 914World build threads: I know there are a gazillion build threads here that will show various views of major surgery on 914's, but it would be great to see all the puzzle pieces (each intact) possibly disassembled? Maybe there's something that shows a car being systematically dismantled?

2. I see this one on AA...
AutoAtlanta
...but I could really use a diagram that shows how the many subsets of chassis parts come together.

3. I have an old Haynes manual that has great diagrams of all the primary and ancillary systems, but shows nothing of the monocoque itself. Shop manuals weren't created for replacing major rust, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)

I'm hoping that:
a. I simply haven't used the right search terms here on the World,
b. there are a few build threads that show most of what I seek,
c. there is a widely-known online source that I have yet to find,
d. there is some other great source for schematic parts explosions, or
e. the puzzle isn't as complex as I am expecting.

Thanks for any help, folks!

P.S. Let know if I need to clarify what I'm after...not always sure I know the lingo for all this stuff

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:50 PM