Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 CV, OEM (new) Porsche vs other options
MM1
post Jun 14 2021, 10:42 AM
Post #1

914 obsession continues

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,105
Region Association: Southern California

I need 1 oem 914 cv joint to get my car rolling - any idea who makes the Porsche cv (newly back in production) for $172 on Pelican?

Any thoughts on the (new) oem cv vs. PMB's machined (bolt in with a gasket) GKN/Loebro for $60 cheaper (for the entire kit - love PMB!)?

Alternately (and maybe quicker) perhaps I could buy a decent cv axle for around $100 - what do you think?

Goal: another running car that's slightly better has popped up, so I just need to get my '73 running/driving or sell as is (potentially if they don't flake) to a few people who are interested?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jun 14 2021, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 14 2021, 11:42 AM) *

I need 1 oem 914 cv joint to get my car rolling - any idea who makes the Porsche cv (newly back in production) for $172 on Pelican?

Any thoughts on the (new) oem cv vs. PMB's machined (bolt in with a gasket) GKN/Loebro for $60 cheaper (for the entire kit - love PMB!)?

Alternately (and maybe quicker) perhaps I could buy a decent cv axle for around $100 - what do you think?

Goal: another running car that's slightly better has popped up, so I just need to get my '73 running/driving or sell as is (potentially if they don't flake) to a few people who are interested?

Contact Aaron ( @partsguy22 ) at allzim.com. He can get you a new CV joint that will work perfectly.

Clay
+Quote Post
MM1
post Jun 14 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #3

914 obsession continues

Member No.: 22,105
Region Association: Southern California

Thank you for the tip, Clay.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jun 14 2021, 01:57 PM
Post #4

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

HERE I always try to keep a pair in stock (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Jun 14 2021, 07:36 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 14 2021, 09:42 AM) *

This keeps coming up because Porsche doesn't seem willing to correct their mistake. The "new oem" CV joints have a spline count that will fit a six axle but NOT a four, despite the erroneous description. Several of us have been burned now on this one. Best to forget about them.
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Jun 14 2021, 08:54 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I tried twice to get the "new, correct for 914-4" CVs from Pelican, but both times got parts with the wrong spline counts for 914-4 axles.
+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post Jun 14 2021, 09:57 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 14 2021, 09:42 AM) *

I probably have one for $100 in Tujunga CA. PM me if interested.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 04:33 PM