Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 CV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
I need 1 oem 914 cv joint to get my car rolling - any idea who makes the Porsche cv (newly back in production) for $172 on Pelican?

Any thoughts on the (new) oem cv vs. PMB's machined (bolt in with a gasket) GKN/Loebro for $60 cheaper (for the entire kit - love PMB!)?

Alternately (and maybe quicker) perhaps I could buy a decent cv axle for around $100 - what do you think?

Goal: another running car that's slightly better has popped up, so I just need to get my '73 running/driving or sell as is (potentially if they don't flake) to a few people who are interested?

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 14 2021, 11:42 AM) *

I need 1 oem 914 cv joint to get my car rolling - any idea who makes the Porsche cv (newly back in production) for $172 on Pelican?

Any thoughts on the (new) oem cv vs. PMB's machined (bolt in with a gasket) GKN/Loebro for $60 cheaper (for the entire kit - love PMB!)?

Alternately (and maybe quicker) perhaps I could buy a decent cv axle for around $100 - what do you think?

Goal: another running car that's slightly better has popped up, so I just need to get my '73 running/driving or sell as is (potentially if they don't flake) to a few people who are interested?

Contact Aaron ( @partsguy22 ) at allzim.com. He can get you a new CV joint that will work perfectly.

Clay
MM1
Thank you for the tip, Clay.
914werke
HERE I always try to keep a pair in stock smile.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 14 2021, 09:42 AM) *

This keeps coming up because Porsche doesn't seem willing to correct their mistake. The "new oem" CV joints have a spline count that will fit a six axle but NOT a four, despite the erroneous description. Several of us have been burned now on this one. Best to forget about them.
bkrantz
I tried twice to get the "new, correct for 914-4" CVs from Pelican, but both times got parts with the wrong spline counts for 914-4 axles.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 14 2021, 09:42 AM) *

I probably have one for $100 in Tujunga CA. PM me if interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.