Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stripped Ground strap bolt, Bolt below rear trunk that attaches to transmission
Wew
post Jun 23 2021, 11:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,335
Region Association: None

Hi all,

I did the bonehead maneuver of leaving the ground strap attached to the transmission and the body (below the rear trunk) when dropping my motor.

I have a harbor freight tap set but that didn't work trying to rethread the bolt.

Any other suggestions and or work arounds at the motor is back in the car and am waiting on a few things on order and would like to address this issue sometime soon.

It does look like its a bolt that actually goes all the way through and I was considering using a cut off wheel on the top and re welding a new bolt into the opening.

Hoping their is an easier fix but if I have to, what the heck.

Interested in seeing what other members have done to remedy this issue.

If you did replace the bolt please let me know what size and type you used so I can go pick up the correct size.

Thanks,

Gary
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:33 PM