Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How To Honor The 914's VW Heritage
Ansbacher
post Jul 22 2021, 12:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

I know this will rub the purists wrong, but I figured out a way to emblematically honor the 914's VW roots. I purchased a 914-VW-Porsche emblem in black and then carefully removed the 914 portion of the script. I did that for two reasons-
First, the original emblem is a bit of a lengthy and ungainly fit on the rear panel, and second, leaving it on would have resulted in redundant "914" scripts. This way I was able to retain the original scripts on the right side without redundancy.

As someone who has studied Porsche history in depth, and taught classes about it, I truly appreciate and understand that Porsche and VW are one in the same historically. Just because the factory chiefs decided to only badge European cars (and -6s ?) with the VW-Porsche emblem does not mean U.S. cars are not worthy of the honor (yes, I see it as praise and honor) unlike most.

Ok....flame on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

AnsbacherAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:39 PM