Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> fried something? not chicken. no start now., compression testing, braided tester line hit battery +
Quinn Moore
post Aug 9 2021, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Qmoore

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,718
Region Association: Upper MidWest

dumb move of the day....(car related anyway). troubleshooting a "tapping" noise issue. so, bought a compression tester gauge. The fancy one with braided hose. cylinders 1,2,3 went fine. on IV.....the hose was flapping around as I was threading it into the head and....BAM. opposite end tapped the battery + terminal and a had a spark at the head tin cover.

Then...it started to rain. so I covered the car and will go look tomorrow. so....did I smoke a relay? quick check, I pulled the coil wire off- pulled the boot back...long pliers and held it near the distributor cap center terminal, and have spark. (the coil was disconnected during the compression testing. ). When I turn ignition on, I can hear the fuel pump.

(2nd dumb move of the day, don't pull the car out of the garage to work on it when thunderhead is rolling in....might not get it back in the garage).

Thanks, best forum on the www.

QM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:02 AM