Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tires needed, what are biggest tires to fit unmodified front fenders.
Movin6
post Aug 18 2021, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,615
Region Association: North East States

Failed my state inspection for front tires... (How I never looked at the front tires while I had it on the lift for a week doing valve adjust, I'll never know...)

I have 225 50 R15 on rear, (Rears are slightly flaired, Front fenders appear stock.) 195 50 R15 on front with 6 1/5 15" rims all around. (Same sizes as it came from PO, with Yokohama A008 which I also had a set of.)

I have relatively new rears, was thinking of going with the same 195 50 15 for front replacement, but when I called Tire Rack they suggested those were small tires... (LOL load rating is 1,047 lbs per tire...)

But it raises the question - Should I consider a larger front tire? I'm guessing the 225 50 15 rears won't fit (I plan to jack it up and swap a rear to the front to confirm.)

Thoughts?

What are others doing, and should I change? (Have Kuhmo ECSTA AST on rear - A "High Performance All Season', so can match with a similar 195 50 15, I no longer track the car as when I ran the Yoko A008s...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:52 AM