Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So Cal Body Shop Recommendations?, ....backed into...
Montreal914
post Aug 20 2021, 09:13 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2021, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Aug 19 2021, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 19 2021, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Wow Steve- Your paint looks very good. But that is not low-balling, that's almost bait and switch. I can see them missing the mark by a few thousand dollars but 50%?

They took it to bare metal, fixed everything and then did a two stage paint job. They did a nice job, but you are right "bate and switch". I checked out the reviews later and noticed they did this a lot and would put lien's against the car if you didn't pay up. Art's place quoted me $14k-16k right off the bat.

Wow! Not the experience I had, although I’ve seen your car in person, that is not a 6-8k paint job.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I am happy with the work and the price is correct for a two stage paint job, rust repair, etc. Even though Art quoted me $14-16k, who knows what he would have charged after getting into it. I would get weekly calls from Imperial, saying this is a mess and will cost this much more. All was legit. My car had 1/8” thick paint and bondo in multiple spots as well as rust issues.

Steve, was this a paint job of the shell, or did they do trunks and door jambs? Was the car delivered to them as a roller or did they disassemble and reassemble all lights, seals, trims, etc? Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post Aug 20 2021, 11:45 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 20 2021, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2021, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Aug 19 2021, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 19 2021, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Wow Steve- Your paint looks very good. But that is not low-balling, that's almost bait and switch. I can see them missing the mark by a few thousand dollars but 50%?

They took it to bare metal, fixed everything and then did a two stage paint job. They did a nice job, but you are right "bate and switch". I checked out the reviews later and noticed they did this a lot and would put lien's against the car if you didn't pay up. Art's place quoted me $14k-16k right off the bat.

Wow! Not the experience I had, although I’ve seen your car in person, that is not a 6-8k paint job.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I am happy with the work and the price is correct for a two stage paint job, rust repair, etc. Even though Art quoted me $14-16k, who knows what he would have charged after getting into it. I would get weekly calls from Imperial, saying this is a mess and will cost this much more. All was legit. My car had 1/8” thick paint and bondo in multiple spots as well as rust issues.

Steve, was this a paint job of the shell, or did they do trunks and door jambs? Was the car delivered to them as a roller or did they disassemble and reassemble all lights, seals, trims, etc? Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I drove the car in minus the bumpers and rockers. I also brought in another set of doors, because mine had big holes from the 911 flag mirrors and other damage. They also replaced the windshield. So…. The rear trunk was painted, door jams, windshield surround, etc. my mistake was not masking off the wires and they painted over them in the trunks. Otherwise they did a good job painting what they could in the front trunk and engine compartment. My attitude is I can do the rest some day with a spray can. I liked the previous diamond silver metallic, but I always wanted a blue 914. Perfect time to do it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 10:08 PM