Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No longer for sale, I don’t have the heart to sell it now, 1975 2.1
KevinW
post Aug 21 2021, 12:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,761
Region Association: Upper MidWest

It is with a heavy heart that I am listing my project for sale. After a knee replacement this spring and a hip replacement in front of me this fall, I have come to the hard reality that I am capable of finishing my car. The car originated in California and made its way to Minnesota. I have done some rust repair, but for the most part it was solid. I completely disassembled the car, cleaned the parts and put it back together. There is still some assembly requiring. The car is currently in primer. My goal was to build a street able track car. I had the heads rebuilt locally and put 96mm piston and cylinders on the motor. It has 40 weber’s and a crown turbo kit. I did get the motor running but I have not driven it as I has not put any fluid in the brakes yet that have been redone. I have a clear title in my name. I am asking $5,000 for the car. I have all kinds of extra parts including another 2.0 motor that I was going to have built.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Aug 21 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

Wow...very cool car! GLWT!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Aug 22 2021, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Wish I didn't have three, I would be looking close at this one. This will be a great deal for someone

GLWS
+Quote Post
sholman5
post Sep 6 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #4

Kraut burner

Member No.: 20,391
Region Association: South East States

Bump. For a car that someone should buy finish and drive. Great starter.
+Quote Post
914lover17
post Sep 9 2021, 12:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 25,622
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(KevinW @ Aug 21 2021, 12:02 PM) *

It is with a heavy heart that I am listing my project for sale. After a knee replacement this spring and a hip replacement in front of me this fall, I have come to the hard reality that I am capable of finishing my car. The car originated in California and made its way to Minnesota. I have done some rust repair, but for the most part it was solid. I completely disassembled the car, cleaned the parts and put it back together. There is still some assembly requiring. The car is currently in primer. My goal was to build a street able track car. I had the heads rebuilt locally and put 96mm piston and cylinders on the motor. It has 40 weber’s and a crown turbo kit. I did get the motor running but I have not driven it as I has not put any fluid in the brakes yet that have been redone. I have a clear title in my name. I am asking $5,000 for the car. I have all kinds of extra parts including another 2.0 motor that I was going to have built.

Not surprised, it looks like you had a pretty sweet project going on, cant wait to see it finished! Best of luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Sep 9 2021, 03:02 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,438

Good for you. Keep it "in the family."

Paul
+Quote Post
worn
post Sep 9 2021, 08:38 PM
Post #7

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE(KevinW @ Aug 21 2021, 10:02 AM) *

I am a little bit east of you. Say the word and I will happily bring either wrenches or body hammers to help with your project. Say the word. No strings
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 07:11 AM