Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5 lug 924 spotted, At the Richmond Pick-n-Pull
bondo
post Jul 25 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

In my misguided attempt to find a 914 at a pick-n-pull, I found a 1987 924 at the Richmond Pick-N-Pull. It has 5 lug rears and CVs, front hubs are missing (as of Saturday). I don't know if the 5 lug 924 stuff can be substituted for the 944 stuff in the recently discussed "recipe", but it seems like a possibility. I have no interest as I already have 911 adapters. It also had flag mirrors, but it looked like the switches were gone. It's not quite with the rest of the euro cars, it's a row or 2 into the japanese cars. It's not a turbo.

Hopefully my trek to Richmond will do somebody some good. If you go pull stuff off this car, plese post here that it's gone so others don't have to go to Richmond for nothing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
STL914
post Jul 25 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Chances are that the 924 was actually a 924S which had the same engine and suspension as the 944. Since it was lighter than the 944, the 924Swas a bit quicker.
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Jul 25 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #3

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

xsboost90 did a 5-lug conversion with 924 parts...I'm not sure it went that well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:36 PM