Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug 924 spotted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
In my misguided attempt to find a 914 at a pick-n-pull, I found a 1987 924 at the Richmond Pick-N-Pull. It has 5 lug rears and CVs, front hubs are missing (as of Saturday). I don't know if the 5 lug 924 stuff can be substituted for the 944 stuff in the recently discussed "recipe", but it seems like a possibility. I have no interest as I already have 911 adapters. It also had flag mirrors, but it looked like the switches were gone. It's not quite with the rest of the euro cars, it's a row or 2 into the japanese cars. It's not a turbo.

Hopefully my trek to Richmond will do somebody some good. If you go pull stuff off this car, plese post here that it's gone so others don't have to go to Richmond for nothing.
STL914
Chances are that the 924 was actually a 924S which had the same engine and suspension as the 944. Since it was lighter than the 944, the 924Swas a bit quicker.
CptTripps
xsboost90 did a 5-lug conversion with 924 parts...I'm not sure it went that well.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.