Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel issue., Low voltage?
Tjmrfe
post Aug 29 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #1

NON IMPEDING RATIONE COGITATIONIS

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,612
Region Association: North East States

Hey all,

So, my motor is (75’ 1.8 stock EFI) back in the car, with assistance from a very helpful 914 world member! (thank you again Rory) and it won’t start…first I figure I’ll check the basic stuff, fuel? my pump doesn’t make any noise…so I Put my meter on the pump leads, while turning key, and I opened flap on intake… I get 9vdc….so next I go to pin 88d- 9vdc. At pin 86 I’m getting 9vdc….at pin 88y I’m getting 12vdc…soooooo,
Took my battery to the pump, + to + and - to - my pump works just fine….
But somehow I’m loosing 2 Volts along the way? Any one else had something like this? Doesn’t seem to make sense, I’m getting a voltage drop? Is there another stop along the way that the pump feed would loose that 2 volts?
thanks as always.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tjmrfe
post Aug 31 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Aug 29 2021, 01:03 PM) *

Hey all,

So, my motor is (75’ 1.8 stock EFI) back in the car, with assistance from a very helpful 914 world member! (thank you again Rory) and it won’t start…first I figure I’ll check the basic stuff, fuel? my pump doesn’t make any noise…so I Put my meter on the pump leads, while turning key, and I opened flap on intake… I get 9vdc….so next I go to pin 88d- 9vdc. At pin 86 I’m getting 9vdc….at pin 88y I’m getting 12vdc…soooooo,
But somehow I’m loosing 2 Volts along the way? Any one else had something like this? Doesn’t seem to make sense, I’m getting a voltage drop? Is there another stop along the way that the pump feed would loose that 2 volts?
thanks as always.

+Quote Post
jrmdir
post Aug 31 2021, 02:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 25,544
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Aug 31 2021, 03:51 PM) *

Hey all,

thanks as always.

Did you try swapping out the relay with one of the others to see if anything changes?

Ron

EDIT: Swapping the usual relays doesn't apply to 1.8 I guess. See this post and check out the "dual relay" http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-fuel-pump.html
+Quote Post
Tjmrfe
post Aug 31 2021, 04:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 31 2021, 12:34 PM) *

Hey all,

thanks as always.

Did you try swapping out the relay with one of the others to see if anything changes?

No I but I do have another dual relay, I’ll give that a shot,
Thanks…

Ron

EDIT: Swapping the usual relays doesn't apply to 1.8 I guess. See this post and check out the "dual relay" http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-fuel-pump.html

+Quote Post
Tjmrfe
post Aug 31 2021, 07:12 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Aug 31 2021, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 31 2021, 12:34 PM) *

Hey all,

thanks as always.

No I but I do have another dual relay, I’ll give that a shot,
Thanks…

Ron

Thank you, turned out that Pelican article helped, the dual really was the fault, it had been an old one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:03 PM