Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel issue.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tjmrfe
Hey all,

So, my motor is (75’ 1.8 stock EFI) back in the car, with assistance from a very helpful 914 world member! (thank you again Rory) and it won’t start…first I figure I’ll check the basic stuff, fuel? my pump doesn’t make any noise…so I Put my meter on the pump leads, while turning key, and I opened flap on intake… I get 9vdc….so next I go to pin 88d- 9vdc. At pin 86 I’m getting 9vdc….at pin 88y I’m getting 12vdc…soooooo,
Took my battery to the pump, + to + and - to - my pump works just fine….
But somehow I’m loosing 2 Volts along the way? Any one else had something like this? Doesn’t seem to make sense, I’m getting a voltage drop? Is there another stop along the way that the pump feed would loose that 2 volts?
thanks as always.
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Aug 29 2021, 01:03 PM) *

Hey all,

So, my motor is (75’ 1.8 stock EFI) back in the car, with assistance from a very helpful 914 world member! (thank you again Rory) and it won’t start…first I figure I’ll check the basic stuff, fuel? my pump doesn’t make any noise…so I Put my meter on the pump leads, while turning key, and I opened flap on intake… I get 9vdc….so next I go to pin 88d- 9vdc. At pin 86 I’m getting 9vdc….at pin 88y I’m getting 12vdc…soooooo,
But somehow I’m loosing 2 Volts along the way? Any one else had something like this? Doesn’t seem to make sense, I’m getting a voltage drop? Is there another stop along the way that the pump feed would loose that 2 volts?
thanks as always.

jrmdir
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Aug 31 2021, 03:51 PM) *

Hey all,

thanks as always.

Did you try swapping out the relay with one of the others to see if anything changes?

Ron

EDIT: Swapping the usual relays doesn't apply to 1.8 I guess. See this post and check out the "dual relay" http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-fuel-pump.html
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 31 2021, 12:34 PM) *

Hey all,

thanks as always.

Did you try swapping out the relay with one of the others to see if anything changes?

No I but I do have another dual relay, I’ll give that a shot,
Thanks…

Ron

EDIT: Swapping the usual relays doesn't apply to 1.8 I guess. See this post and check out the "dual relay" http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-fuel-pump.html

Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Aug 31 2021, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(jrmdir @ Aug 31 2021, 12:34 PM) *

Hey all,

thanks as always.

No I but I do have another dual relay, I’ll give that a shot,
Thanks…

Ron

Thank you, turned out that Pelican article helped, the dual really was the fault, it had been an old one.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.