Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bay Area Autocross, What are the options
nebreitling
post Jul 27 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #21

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

hell, i drive a 914 and i'm a wine guy! grant didn't mean to offend anyone but me, trust me...

and i didn't mean to sound resentful of RWR. i stand by my account of what happened, but it's no big deal, and i look foward to playing with them again. and, later on in the weekend, when my truck broke down again on the road (see a trend?), multiple people stopped and offered help. they were all 914 people! lol... but that's just chance...

my only point is that i'm actually NOT so surprised that someone might feel a less-than-cordial welcome at a local PCA AX.

p.s. yeah, on the second day of that event, i got there late (long story) and while i was prepping my car i missed part of the meeting. that was my fault. i got penalized for that -- which i was totally cool with. no big deal. there is an older guy there, walks with some difficulty. a helluva nice guy. because of his kindness, he actually singlehandedly changed my perception of that region (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jul 27 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #22

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jul 27 2005, 05:32 PM)
there is an older guy there, walks with some difficulty. a helluva nice guy. because of his kindness, he actually singlehandedly changed my perception of that region...

do you know if that'd be Jack Compere, by any chance?
when i knew him in the San Diego Region he has an aubergine Sportomatic 911.

if it's not - well - there are a lot of nice guys with that description :-)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 27 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #23

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

don't know his name, hopefully someone will chime in.

he's the type of guy that makes you want to buy him a beer!
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Jul 27 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #24

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

don't know his name, hopefully someone will chime in.

Dave Benson. His wife Lavonne runs registration.

He wears one driving shoe and steers with one hand in his red 928. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap.gif)

(IMG:http://ground-speed.com/photogallery/pca_rr_7_23/thumbnails/928_8775.jpg)

KT
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jul 27 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

I think it's just bad timing or ????

I've had the 911 out at a GGR event and had meet a few nice folks......however when I took my 911 down to a Marina auto-x, the only other drivers that talked to me had been 914 owners I knew....
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jul 27 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

however when I took my 911 down to a Marina auto-x, the only other drivers that talked to me had been 914 owners I knew....

Maybe they (911 owners) are shy?
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Jul 27 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #27

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413

All I know is that if anybody wants to come run, just hook up with one of us.

We'll help you set your air pressure, walk the course, show you the line, stow your stuff, use our tools or ride along.

Have fun!!

KT
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jul 27 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #28

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

I may be a bit standoffish at PCA AXs. Getting the thing up & running is my job and that's where my consentration goes.
If someone has a problem...a real one, I'm the guy to talk at, but I don't have time to kibitz. When the first run group is off &running smoothly, I can think about running my self....if I don't have to instruct.

When it's my turn to play the focus goes there....I'm not much fun then either. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

When we got it all torn down....I'm pooped....not much fun then...there's a trend here, me thinks.

There are times when I think "I do this for fun, right?.
No wonder people burn out on this shit".....then someone accuses you of being unfriendly.....I have more fun at the SCCA cause all I have to worry about is me....unless I run shitty. Then I am unfit company.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 27 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #29

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Please pardon me. I am a car guy. I get email once in a while from guys I used to autocross with who searched my name and find me listed in PCA results. I like cars. There are few that I would not own if I had room and cash. I always find it odd that someone would criticize a car because of the type of guy driving it. I recently mentioned at work that I was thinking of buying my 15 year old a Miata for a first car. OMG!!! You would think that they had flipped all the Miatas on the planet over and found a vagina or checked the oil for the estrogen level. I tried to point out that one of the most popular spec racers in the country is the Miata series but no! I was going to ruin my son for life if I bought him this "girly" car. Remember don't hate the Honda, its the idiot who bolted on all the stupid bling that deserves your derision.

I think we should resolve though to seek out these guys and invite them and bring them in to our circle. How do we contact them? I will make them my personal project over the 10th and 11th of September weekend for the Zone events.

Rob
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 27 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #30

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Jul 27 2005, 07:17 PM)
You would think that they had flipped all the Miatas on the planet over and found a vagina or checked the oil for the estrogen level.

I knew it! I had long suspected Miatas had some piece of female anotomy on thier undersides. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 08:03 AM