Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wiper Motor Dead, Well only mostly dead
nditiz1
post Sep 1 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Edit* - So I was jumpering the connection incorrectly. I didn't realize I needed power to go to 53 and 53a/b at the same time to get hi/lo. Both old motor and new motor are working. They both click when running which I assume is normal. The linkage was indeed locked up on both. I ended up having to loosen the large nuts. This allowed the linkage to flow more freely. This seems like a poor design as if you tighten both nuts it could make the linkage impossible to move. I doused every moving part in oil. Ill clean it up with a rag before putting the linkage back on the motor then test it out again. Once question is how do I check the park? I read to jumper 31 and 53, but it never seems to do anything. Should the jumper be placed while 53a/b also have power?

One of the items on my Okteenerfest checklist is to have working wipers in the event of rain. Since I needed to take the tank out anyway to add the return fuel line I figured I would swap out my dead (bench tested) wiper setup. I got a nice one from a local member that claimed it was working. Got everything installed and went to use my new switch and it didn't work. I tested before installing and it was rocking inside the frunk. I started to play around with the connections and sent power directly to the top connecter (slow) It started to move, in its rotation it would come to a stop and then go again. I pulled the plug and decided to check the lower spade (high) it did nothing. I went back to the top spade nothing. So I got 3-4 rotations before dying. I thought maybe something else was going on so I took the battery directly to it. ground the neg and pos to the top, still no movement. I realize these 50 yr old things need some grease, but it managed to die that quick. Is there a way to rebuild these things?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:40 PM