Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> seat belt retraction and brake warning light
emerygt350
post Oct 3 2021, 10:45 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

Was doing a little rainy Sunday odds and ends work and had a couple of questions....

My seat belts are pretty lazy on the old 'retraction' front. I took the drivers side out and dug around in it. After rewinding the spring (that was fun), it retracts really nicely until I put it back in the car and it just cant seem to get past the bends and stuff the belt goes through to get to the bobbin. It works a little better now but still doesn't fully retract. Any secrets besides buying a new set?

Also, flashing brake light has been on so pulled the e brake switch out and hooked that back up (completely disconnected) so I know that wasn't causing it. I don't have the reset switch on the master cylinder. Brakes work fine but perhaps bleed them again? I had a shop flush and bleed them when I bought the car so I am sure they didn't do it right (order from furthest to closest etc). Could that be the culprit?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bob164
post Oct 3 2021, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,877
Region Association: Southern California

Have you tried washing the belts themselves? I was amazed with the reduction in stiffness of the belts themselves. Perhaps they will retract through all of the twists and turns better. I soaked myne overnight in Woolite for dark colors then rinsed in cold water and let them air dry. Quite an improvement.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Oct 3 2021, 01:25 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

Great idea. I will try that. Can't hurt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:22 AM