Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat belt retraction and brake warning light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
Was doing a little rainy Sunday odds and ends work and had a couple of questions....

My seat belts are pretty lazy on the old 'retraction' front. I took the drivers side out and dug around in it. After rewinding the spring (that was fun), it retracts really nicely until I put it back in the car and it just cant seem to get past the bends and stuff the belt goes through to get to the bobbin. It works a little better now but still doesn't fully retract. Any secrets besides buying a new set?

Also, flashing brake light has been on so pulled the e brake switch out and hooked that back up (completely disconnected) so I know that wasn't causing it. I don't have the reset switch on the master cylinder. Brakes work fine but perhaps bleed them again? I had a shop flush and bleed them when I bought the car so I am sure they didn't do it right (order from furthest to closest etc). Could that be the culprit?

bob164
Have you tried washing the belts themselves? I was amazed with the reduction in stiffness of the belts themselves. Perhaps they will retract through all of the twists and turns better. I soaked myne overnight in Woolite for dark colors then rinsed in cold water and let them air dry. Quite an improvement.
emerygt350
Great idea. I will try that. Can't hurt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.