Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Solution For A 914 Cockpit Dust Cover
Ansbacher
post Oct 11 2021, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Living in Florida I rarely put my targa roof on. My garage is not the cleanest, so I was getting fed up with the amount of dust and debris that would collect on the seats, dash, and center console when parked inside. Putting the roof on everyday to protect it was an impractical option and a bit of a back-breaking task and those cloth covers present their own hassles, so came up with this:

Cut a piece of thin and light fiberboard I got at Home Depot. Fits nicely inside the front targa toungue slot and just sits on the rear targa bolster. I tried a couple of brackets that fit into the targa latch receptacles, but found it was a hassle to easily line them up and made for a chance of scratching the targa bar vinyl, so I ditched them. The warning sign is so I don't just get in the car and drive away without removing it first. Weighs less than 5 pounds so it's a breeze to put it on and off and as a bonus, the material almost matches the color of my car. Takes up zero room in the garage against a wall when not in use.

Ansbacher

Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Oct 11 2021, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

I've seen a few versions, what ever works.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=3644
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Oct 11 2021, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,589

Yeah, seen those. But this takes only 3 seconds to install or remove. Add a few more seconds if you want to roll up the windows.

Ansbacher
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:26 AM