Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solution For A 914 Cockpit Dust Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Living in Florida I rarely put my targa roof on. My garage is not the cleanest, so I was getting fed up with the amount of dust and debris that would collect on the seats, dash, and center console when parked inside. Putting the roof on everyday to protect it was an impractical option and a bit of a back-breaking task and those cloth covers present their own hassles, so came up with this:

Cut a piece of thin and light fiberboard I got at Home Depot. Fits nicely inside the front targa toungue slot and just sits on the rear targa bolster. I tried a couple of brackets that fit into the targa latch receptacles, but found it was a hassle to easily line them up and made for a chance of scratching the targa bar vinyl, so I ditched them. The warning sign is so I don't just get in the car and drive away without removing it first. Weighs less than 5 pounds so it's a breeze to put it on and off and as a bonus, the material almost matches the color of my car. Takes up zero room in the garage against a wall when not in use.

Ansbacher

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Shivers
I've seen a few versions, what ever works.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=3644
Ansbacher
Yeah, seen those. But this takes only 3 seconds to install or remove. Add a few more seconds if you want to roll up the windows.

Ansbacher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.