Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best way to run a power wire..., ...from battery to console area?
Rick986
post Oct 27 2021, 03:08 PM
Post #1

0-60 in 14 seconds!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,869
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Upgraded my speakers to Infinity Kappa 62IX mounted in 914 Rubber's pods. Massive upgrade in sound...but would still like a little more low-end "punch". I'm going to install a Recoil SL1708 subwoofer inside the console cavity (no holes in console, it just sits inside there!) and need to run a power wire.

What is the "easiest" way to get this through the car? Sorry if this is a silly question but I haven't messed with any electrical stuff yet and can't see how the current wires from the battery enter the vehicle. Seems like they come in behind the seats so maybe there's some kind of "sealed" pass-thru through the firewall? My lift is not in yet so I have somewhat limited access to the bottom of the car and would rather not take the seats out if I don't have to!

Thanks! - Rick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:25 PM