Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> General question about used strut INSERTS
Literati914
post Nov 11 2021, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

Ive got a couple sets of used front strut inserts that I've been planning to use eventually, one set of Koni's and a set of orange Boge Turbos. I know the rods on these were not sunk to the bottom of the tubes when I stored them several month back (stored standing up). But when I looked today, the rods were in their lowest points on both sets. They have strong resistance upon rebound (by hand) and a little less when pushing them back down but still seems like a good amount. I pulled/pushed them up and down a few times, but they always worked themselves back down eventually when left alone for a while.

my guess is that they shouldn't be collapsed, but then I was thinking that maybe them working through their motions might reinvigorate them (some voodoo magic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ). Do they need a rebuild or trip to the dump?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:57 AM