Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got Fired Today, 8 Years down the drain
carr914
post Dec 17 2021, 01:02 PM
Post #41

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Pezz @ Dec 17 2021, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2021, 05:51 PM) *

the Fuck Stick that I used to call my Boss fired me today. Florida, you don't have to give a reason.

Frankly, I'm relieved

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

That's a shame you do not know the reason.

oh I know the reason - the guy is an asshole. You don't get rid of your best and most tenured guy a couple of weeks before Christmas because you a swell guy!

He and I never got along because I'm not a kiss-ass. I laughed at him when he told me that he was the smartest person I would ever meet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

But as I said, I am in a Good Place and am at peace!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lalee914
post Dec 17 2021, 03:58 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 15,521
Region Association: North East States

A bunch of years ago, my wife got laid off from a very high paying job. She was NOT happy about it at all when it happened. She had a stellar performance history for a long period of time. We got talking about it and figured that she was let go because she was at the top of her pay grid, making a lot of money. The company could either fire her and save a LOT of money or fire 2 other people in her department to save the same amount.

She took some time off and after 2 weeks I noticed that she was smiling more, laughing more, staying up late Monday to watch football. Much more pleasant to be around. She didn't realize how much stress she was under and how much that effected her and thus the people around her. A few months later she got another job that paid about 2/3 what she was making before and stayed there for about 7 years with a different attitude. It wasn't a career, it was a job. She didn't take it home with her at the end of the day. From a financial point of view, her smaller salary had zero impact on our lives.

TC you will recover. Take a little time then start looking. Now is a great time to be looking for a job.
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Dec 18 2021, 07:14 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 6,985
Region Association: None

Bad bosses suck. I've had a couple pretty bad ones over the years. A bad job sucks but somehow a bad boss can be even worse.

I got "downsized" out of a job a few years ago. It was miserable at the time, but looking back it was the best thing that coulda happened - I just needed a kick. That place was toxic and my boss was an ass.

I'm now at a job I actually like and have a supportive boss who's a good guy.

There's hope and you'll do better.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 18 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #44

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

living life to the fullest. went to a CnC

Attached Image

Attached Image

and the @ThePaintedMan George took me out on his Boat fishing. I told him I was Bad Luck fishing but we had a great time

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Dec 18 2021, 04:59 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 10,753

QUOTE(lalee914 @ Dec 17 2021, 05:58 PM) *

A bunch of years ago, my wife got laid off from a very high paying job. She was NOT happy about it at all when it happened. She had a stellar performance history for a long period of time. We got talking about it and figured that she was let go because she was at the top of her pay grid, making a lot of money. The company could either fire her and save a LOT of money or fire 2 other people in her department to save the same amount.

She took some time off and after 2 weeks I noticed that she was smiling more, laughing more, staying up late Monday to watch football. Much more pleasant to be around. She didn't realize how much stress she was under and how much that effected her and thus the people around her. A few months later she got another job that paid about 2/3 what she was making before and stayed there for about 7 years with a different attitude. It wasn't a career, it was a job. She didn't take it home with her at the end of the day. From a financial point of view, her smaller salary had zero impact on our lives.

TC you will recover. Take a little time then start looking. Now is a great time to be looking for a job.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) Similar story many times. Went through a few myself, some on my terms others not. Long run, always worked out. Had a good wife and my teemed to comfort me!
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 13 2022, 11:05 PM
Post #46

Racer from Birth

Things are looking up! Got TWO Job Offers today! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Jan 13 2022, 11:16 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 13 2022, 09:05 PM) *

Things are looking up! Got TWO Job Offers today! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Fantastic! Good work!
+Quote Post
Van B
post Jan 13 2022, 11:18 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 26,011

Man isn’t that how it goes?! Congratulations!
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Jan 14 2022, 06:05 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877

One door shuts and another door (usually better) opens

Brighter days are ahead, been there. Former biz partner stung me for $800.k, but being positive works.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jan 14 2022, 07:15 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 10,753

Onward and upward! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 14 2022, 11:02 AM
Post #51

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I hope you told the bastard that you'd been fired from better jobs than this one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Good luck on your new path buddy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:11 PM