Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pressure thru the roof, 32..40..50...60.....70....going going go
914forme
post Jul 29 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Big day car back together and fired up YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Problem it is running like (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/stromberg.gif)

So I break out the tools of the trade Fuel Pressure gauge and timing light. 914 1974 2.0L with D-jet just so you know what your dealing with here, I work in IT but my helpdesk skills suck.

So timing is dead on, but fuel pressure is running at 60 psi, so I grab the wrench and crank on the pressure regulator - never comes down, until I have the bolt in my hand then it drops to zero. DOAH!

So I grab another I have in the spare EFI bin pop it in, same dang thing. Oh this is frustrating. So how do I test the return fuel line for a blockage? I have thought about air, and just seeing what I get, but not sure where the blockage would be any-thoughts of something else to check before I rip into.

Note: once I got it to sit at 32 - 40 psi and it ran like it should, that last oh 1-2 seconds.

TIA, Stephen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:55 AM