Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Reupholstered 914 Seats
john77
post Jan 31 2022, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,027
Region Association: Southern California

These came in my '73 when I bought it 8 years ago.

They'd just been reupholstered and I immediately swapped them out for a set of Recaro sports seats.

Centers are basketweave, supports are regular vinyl. No rips, tears, or stretching of the seams anywhere on them - both seats are in perfect condition

$800 firm.

Pick up only - I live LA just south of Culver City.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643677653.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643677654.2.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643677654.3.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aharder
post Jan 31 2022, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,524
Region Association: Southwest Region

PM sent
+Quote Post
Stingbee
post Jan 31 2022, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,076
Region Association: None

VERY nice! I'm up near SFBay area, wish I was closer to pic them up. Those are some Beautiful Seats!
+Quote Post
second wind
post Jan 31 2022, 10:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,543

Those do look beautiful...I live very close by to you....is the pattern correct for a 1973 2.0? I can send you a picture to check....thank you very much!
gg
+Quote Post
john77
post Feb 1 2022, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Thanks for the compliments guys - I just bought a car they happened to be in so can take none of the credit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

@second_wind Here are some closer up pics of the basketweave. I have no idea if it's 73 correct.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643735651.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643735652.2.jpg)
+Quote Post
second wind
post Feb 1 2022, 05:30 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(john77 @ Feb 1 2022, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks for the compliments guys - I just bought a car they happened to be in so can take none of the credit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

@second_wind Here are some closer up pics of the basketweave. I have no idea if it's 73 correct.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643735651.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1643735652.2.jpg)

Here are the two options....mine is the wider pattern and yours is the narrower one....
ggAttached Image
+Quote Post
second wind
post Feb 1 2022, 05:30 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(john77 @ Feb 1 2022, 09:14 AM) *

Here are the two options....mine is the wider pattern and yours is the narrower one....
ggAttached Image
+Quote Post
scallyk9
post Feb 1 2022, 06:37 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,499
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Those two options are interesting. I have never seen the upper "wider pattern" option on any year 914. The lower option is what is used in both of my 1974 model year 914s, of which some of the reproduction vinyl differs a little but not nearly as much as the upper option.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Feb 1 2022, 09:20 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Hard to tell exactly from the picture but they look like they both may be passenger side seat?

Can you confirm if they are a driver/passenger or two passenger seats?

If they are driver/passenger I am interested in planning on being in LA in a week and a half.
+Quote Post
second wind
post Feb 2 2022, 03:15 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(JamesM @ Feb 1 2022, 07:20 PM) *

Hard to tell exactly from the picture but they look like they both may be passenger side seat?

If they are driver/passenger I am interested in planning on being in LA in a week and a half.

It is interesting as are our cars and ourselves....so I will wait until I can be "correct"....I love this stuff....
gg
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Feb 2 2022, 07:36 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

These would be 74 or later. The earlier ones had stitched seams between the panels; these are sealed seams (probably stronger). And yet, in typical 914 fashion, my rather early 74 has the 73 style seats(original owner so I know they’ve not been switched out). The problem with the stitched panels is that the holes are weak links and the material splits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) AMHIK!
+Quote Post
scallyk9
post Feb 2 2022, 03:26 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 20,499
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(StarBear @ Feb 2 2022, 06:36 AM) *

These would be 74 or later. The earlier ones had stitched seams between the panels; these are sealed seams (probably stronger). And yet, in typical 914 fashion, my rather early 74 has the 73 style seats(original owner so I know they’ve not been switched out). The problem with the stitched panels is that the holes are weak links and the material splits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) AMHIK!

This is interesting! Both of my '74 MY 914s have the stitched panels instead the heat seamed panels. One was built in November 1973 and the LE was built in March 1974. All four seats are original to the cars.
+Quote Post
john77
post Feb 2 2022, 04:44 PM
Post #13

How do you tell the difference?

When I bought my car one was bolted to the seat rails where the passenger sits, and the other was bolted to the seat rail where the driver sits... that's as much as I know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE(JamesM @ Feb 1 2022, 07:20 PM) *

+Quote Post
Literati914
post Feb 2 2022, 05:14 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

You can basically tell by looking at the back side of the headrests… the upper parts of those that are built out toward the back side of the car. Those will be shorter on one side than the other, per each seat - short sides of the headrest should be on the insides (middle of car, tunnel)… or, another way to look at it - the seats are installed with the wider sides of the headrests to the doors.

The wider sides (of headrests) should also correspond with a slight allowance for where the e-brake handle goes.

I think your second picture has the seats mixed up at the least.. but it’s hard to tell from the angle of the picture, could both be the same seat side, but I think they’re just arranged incorrectly in the second pic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:41 PM