Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Reupholstered 914 Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
john77
These came in my '73 when I bought it 8 years ago.

They'd just been reupholstered and I immediately swapped them out for a set of Recaro sports seats.

Centers are basketweave, supports are regular vinyl. No rips, tears, or stretching of the seams anywhere on them - both seats are in perfect condition

$800 firm.

Pick up only - I live LA just south of Culver City.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
aharder
PM sent
Stingbee
VERY nice! I'm up near SFBay area, wish I was closer to pic them up. Those are some Beautiful Seats!
second wind
Those do look beautiful...I live very close by to you....is the pattern correct for a 1973 2.0? I can send you a picture to check....thank you very much!
gg
john77
Thanks for the compliments guys - I just bought a car they happened to be in so can take none of the credit biggrin.gif

@second_wind Here are some closer up pics of the basketweave. I have no idea if it's 73 correct.

IPB Image

IPB Image
second wind
QUOTE(john77 @ Feb 1 2022, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks for the compliments guys - I just bought a car they happened to be in so can take none of the credit biggrin.gif

@second_wind Here are some closer up pics of the basketweave. I have no idea if it's 73 correct.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here are the two options....mine is the wider pattern and yours is the narrower one....
ggClick to view attachment
second wind
QUOTE(john77 @ Feb 1 2022, 09:14 AM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here are the two options....mine is the wider pattern and yours is the narrower one....
ggClick to view attachment
scallyk9
Those two options are interesting. I have never seen the upper "wider pattern" option on any year 914. The lower option is what is used in both of my 1974 model year 914s, of which some of the reproduction vinyl differs a little but not nearly as much as the upper option.
JamesM
Hard to tell exactly from the picture but they look like they both may be passenger side seat?

Can you confirm if they are a driver/passenger or two passenger seats?

If they are driver/passenger I am interested in planning on being in LA in a week and a half.
second wind
QUOTE(JamesM @ Feb 1 2022, 07:20 PM) *

Hard to tell exactly from the picture but they look like they both may be passenger side seat?

If they are driver/passenger I am interested in planning on being in LA in a week and a half.

It is interesting as are our cars and ourselves....so I will wait until I can be "correct"....I love this stuff....
gg
StarBear
These would be 74 or later. The earlier ones had stitched seams between the panels; these are sealed seams (probably stronger). And yet, in typical 914 fashion, my rather early 74 has the 73 style seats(original owner so I know they’ve not been switched out). The problem with the stitched panels is that the holes are weak links and the material splits. mad.gif AMHIK!
scallyk9
QUOTE(StarBear @ Feb 2 2022, 06:36 AM) *

These would be 74 or later. The earlier ones had stitched seams between the panels; these are sealed seams (probably stronger). And yet, in typical 914 fashion, my rather early 74 has the 73 style seats(original owner so I know they’ve not been switched out). The problem with the stitched panels is that the holes are weak links and the material splits. mad.gif AMHIK!

This is interesting! Both of my '74 MY 914s have the stitched panels instead the heat seamed panels. One was built in November 1973 and the LE was built in March 1974. All four seats are original to the cars.
john77
How do you tell the difference?

When I bought my car one was bolted to the seat rails where the passenger sits, and the other was bolted to the seat rail where the driver sits... that's as much as I know biggrin.gif

QUOTE(JamesM @ Feb 1 2022, 07:20 PM) *

Literati914
You can basically tell by looking at the back side of the headrests… the upper parts of those that are built out toward the back side of the car. Those will be shorter on one side than the other, per each seat - short sides of the headrest should be on the insides (middle of car, tunnel)… or, another way to look at it - the seats are installed with the wider sides of the headrests to the doors.

The wider sides (of headrests) should also correspond with a slight allowance for where the e-brake handle goes.

I think your second picture has the seats mixed up at the least.. but it’s hard to tell from the angle of the picture, could both be the same seat side, but I think they’re just arranged incorrectly in the second pic.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.