Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 930 exhaust lower valve covers on a "6" conversion, body clearancing required ??
porschetub
post Feb 12 2022, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Hi all,keen to see how you guys clearanced the fins to make fitting/ removal possible with these covers.
The set I have I bought used for a great price,once received from seller I noted 1 cover had about half the fins milled down about 5mm....could they have come from a "6" conversion ?...reason for asking is I believe in a 911 application they need no milling down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .
I don't have access to the car @ present so how do I tell left from right ?,trying to work out which one ?,have issues with my mag ones and frankly getting pissed off with oil leaks which are mainly it this area.
TIA cheers,pics would be nice as I like them and they would help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Feb 12 2022, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(porschetub @ Feb 12 2022, 03:14 PM) *

Hi all,keen to see how you guys clearanced the fins to make fitting/ removal possible with these covers.
The set I have I bought used for a great price,once received from seller I noted 1 cover had about half the fins milled down about 5mm....could they have come from a "6" conversion ?...reason for asking is I believe in a 911 application they need no milling down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .
I don't have access to the car @ present so how do I tell left from right ?,trying to work out which one ?,have issues with my mag ones and frankly getting pissed off with oil leaks which are mainly it this area.
TIA cheers,pics would be nice as I like them and they would help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

The left side cover needs to have the fins clearanced on the rear to give space from the suspension mount. Right side one is positioned further forward so no problem. Don't think it's a problem in a 911, just our teeners...another trick is to substitute bolts for studs/nuts on the left lower rear as well...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 12 2022, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Feb 12 2022, 07:22 PM) *

The left side cover needs to have the fins clearanced on the rear to give space from the suspension mount. Right side one is positioned further forward so no problem. Don't think it's a problem in a 911, just our teeners...another trick is to substitute bolts for studs/nuts on the left lower rear as well...

^ This.

PT, if you got that set from a six-cylinder 914 for a six-cylinder 914, you're a step ahead!
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Feb 12 2022, 10:03 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

Thanks Pete and John,John your comments sound right to me,not fussed about pulling studs as in the future it could be an issue after many valve clearance resets,I think they are right milled spacing due to cyl offset on these motors.
Pete the seller of these had no idea what they were worth or what they came off for that reason I didn't ask any questions and I won his auction and payed $100nzd for them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
More pics and info please TIA.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:24 PM