Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good place to buy body panels
Zaffer
post Feb 13 2022, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,343
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

What is everyone’s preferred place to get body panels? I moved my 914 to my new shop space since it’s been in a dirt floor garage for the past 7 years. The underside is actually in good shape, but I want to correct some previous rust issues: passenger sail panel (rust coming back at bottom edge), passenger outer rocker has a quarter sized hole and one of the triangles is 50% gone, and a few other areas. Planning on checking the car over this week to figure out what all I need.

The majority of the body is in good shape, but want to source decent replacement panels. I know Auto Atlanta has pieces, just wondering if anyone else does. How well do the pieces from AA fit? I imagine I’ll have to adjust pieces, regardless of where I get them from. I live in VA, so AA is somewhat close to me, just don’t know if anyone else offers body panels.

I was planning on “fixing” the rusty areas and throwing it back together since I haven’t driven it since 2003, but it’s already 60% disassembled, so I figured I might as well complete the disassembly and fix all of the rust I can find the correct way. I only want to do this once, especially since I’m pouring a concrete pad in my garage this year.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 09:13 PM