Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good place to buy body panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zaffer
What is everyone’s preferred place to get body panels? I moved my 914 to my new shop space since it’s been in a dirt floor garage for the past 7 years. The underside is actually in good shape, but I want to correct some previous rust issues: passenger sail panel (rust coming back at bottom edge), passenger outer rocker has a quarter sized hole and one of the triangles is 50% gone, and a few other areas. Planning on checking the car over this week to figure out what all I need.

The majority of the body is in good shape, but want to source decent replacement panels. I know Auto Atlanta has pieces, just wondering if anyone else does. How well do the pieces from AA fit? I imagine I’ll have to adjust pieces, regardless of where I get them from. I live in VA, so AA is somewhat close to me, just don’t know if anyone else offers body panels.

I was planning on “fixing” the rusty areas and throwing it back together since I haven’t driven it since 2003, but it’s already 60% disassembled, so I figured I might as well complete the disassembly and fix all of the rust I can find the correct way. I only want to do this once, especially since I’m pouring a concrete pad in my garage this year.

Thanks!
dlee6204
Here's a recent thread on the topic.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...357093&st=0

Zaffer
Thanks for the info! For some reason that thread didn’t come up in my search.
dlee6204
Good luck with your project!
930cabman
Post some pics if you are able
Zaffer
I will try but I’m horrible with that. I am planning on taking lots of pictures, more for me, and the process will be slow as I am trying to start this project back up, while raising two youngins, get another shop location going, and take care of a hell of a lot of projects at home (fencing, modifying my “garage”, repairing/painting our barn, finish installing a new bathroom, etc.).

I have other project cars as well, but this one will hopefully take up my time as I’ve had it for 23 years and have only driven it the first 2 years I had it.

I’ll take some initial pictures of the car now and what rust I have and get some advice on what to do as full panel replacement may not be necessary with a few spots.

Thanks for the encouragement and I plan on being more involved here as well!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.