Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another 100º-day project complete, *pant pant pant*
Brando
post Jul 31 2005, 04:15 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

My speedo cable has been broken for some time. So today I made efforts to replace the cable. In doing so my center console fell apart (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

I spent about an hour taking apart the dash, the center console and some of the interior to run the new cable through. Small bit of wire does help in leading the cable through the firewall and tunnel to the wire-ties on the chassis. I get it all hooked up and then BLAMMO my center console blows into a billion pieces. I put it all back together (the screws came out) and get it in there. Zip-tie the cable under the motor to the clutch cable, re-attach the bracket on the bottom of the engine, put the rubber booties in place and voila! I know how fast I'm going again!

But here's the wierd part: Now that I know how fast I'm really going, I realize I've been speeding for quite some time. Now that I think about it, I kind of didn't want to know how fast I was going!

But now it works, and i'm 10k miles under what insurance says I have. Oh well, I'll tell them it broke.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
redshift
post Jul 31 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #2

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

Ahh yes, the 'It's not broke, let me fix that' routine.. we all have huge hands. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

I fixed 4 things, and only broke 7 others!

M
I am in love with Clay, do you know if he's happy at home? He's directly responsible for me wanting children.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:39 PM