Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 100º-day project complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
My speedo cable has been broken for some time. So today I made efforts to replace the cable. In doing so my center console fell apart dry.gif

I spent about an hour taking apart the dash, the center console and some of the interior to run the new cable through. Small bit of wire does help in leading the cable through the firewall and tunnel to the wire-ties on the chassis. I get it all hooked up and then BLAMMO my center console blows into a billion pieces. I put it all back together (the screws came out) and get it in there. Zip-tie the cable under the motor to the clutch cable, re-attach the bracket on the bottom of the engine, put the rubber booties in place and voila! I know how fast I'm going again!

But here's the wierd part: Now that I know how fast I'm really going, I realize I've been speeding for quite some time. Now that I think about it, I kind of didn't want to know how fast I was going!

But now it works, and i'm 10k miles under what insurance says I have. Oh well, I'll tell them it broke.
redshift
Ahh yes, the 'It's not broke, let me fix that' routine.. we all have huge hands. laugh.gif

I fixed 4 things, and only broke 7 others!

M
I am in love with Clay, do you know if he's happy at home? He's directly responsible for me wanting children.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.