Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 6’6”. Can I make it happen?
bkrantz
post Feb 23 2022, 08:42 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

To check out your potential max head and leg room, remove the seat and slider (and back pad) and sit on the floor with your back against the firewall. From that point, figure out how much higher and more forward you can sit and design from there. You might get by with the stock seat shell mounted to the floor, and some thin bottom and back pads.

I am 6-2 with 36 inch inseam. When I built my 914 race car, I had to fit with my helmet on (and space between the helmet and roll cage/roof to satisfy regs. I tried the stock seat bolted to the floor, but ended up with an aluminum shell seat with a very thin pad.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Feb 24 2022, 11:05 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

I would also hope you are relatively bendable. I am 6 1 and 240 (all muscle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)) and the car is perfectly comfortable when I am in it, but getting in and out is not as easy as it would have been 20 years ago.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 24 2022, 11:29 AM
Post #23

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Just take out the seat tracks and bolt the seat directly to the floor. That will add a few inches in head room to the car.

Of course, I don't have that problem. I even store stuff behind the driver's seat.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

+Quote Post
914Toy
post Feb 24 2022, 11:37 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

Install a steering wheel extension - 3" to 4" - will improve long legs clearance.
+Quote Post
sjhenry1075
post Mar 1 2022, 10:44 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 14,709

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I havent checked the forum in a few days.

I'm 6'7 and roughly 290 lbs and wear a size 17/18 shoe. I fit pretty good and can drive the car fine but I have to take off my right shoe. Also, forget about having a center console.

My car has the stock steering wheel, which if you upgrade to a smaller one could help. Also, my seat is all the way back and tilted back if this makes sense. I removed the backpad to see if it helped with legroom, but it did not.
+Quote Post
volksswag63
post Mar 1 2022, 12:52 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 25,980
Region Association: Southwest Region

Go for it. I'm 6'6" 238lbs and I bought my 914 in Oct. 1st gear is kinda tricky, the stick is pretty much under my thigh. I have a smaller steering wheel than the standard though. Not sure it'd work with the stock wheel.
+Quote Post
sjhenry1075
post Mar 2 2022, 09:41 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 14,709

QUOTE(volksswag63 @ Mar 1 2022, 01:52 PM) *

Go for it. I'm 6'6" 238lbs and I bought my 914 in Oct. 1st gear is kinda tricky, the stick is pretty much under my thigh. I have a smaller steering wheel than the standard though. Not sure it'd work with the stock wheel.

I used to have the same issue with 1st gear until the shifter broke and when it was rewelded I twisted it a little bit, so it fits easier and I can actually shift out of 1st gear.
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Mar 2 2022, 11:37 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 17,589

If the car has A/C your giant sized shoe will hit the blower motor. I have size 13 feet and had that problem. Luckily the A/C was shot, so I removed all the components. Now no problem. I do not find the center console to be a problem.

Ansbacher
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 04:57 PM