Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A change of plans, and a tail dragger
John Kelly
post Aug 1 2005, 03:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 640

Well I have had to give up on my gullwing door, mid engine Karmann Ghia concept..it has been in the planning and experimenting stage for about 15 years. I finally realized that if I want to get a car on the road, I'm going to have to be less ambitous. If I were able to work full time on it, I could have had it done in 5 years or so. At the rate I was going, 15-25 years would be more like it. Just turned 50, so getting a car on the road while I can still enjoy it is a good plan. The new plan: Ghia with steel flares, t-tops, big fat 914 engine (see "tail dragger" picture), will change to early taillights and headlight sections. I hope I can still tag along since only the engine will be 914, not the suspension...I'll catch you on the straights.

Trying to sell my house and buy a small motel across the street from the beach...a good place for a 914 gathering.... think about the curvy roads on the way to Moclips Wa.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com shabby-chic sheet metal shaping shop by the sea shore

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:15 AM