Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official 2022 Northeast 914 Gathering Info Thread, Important Announcement - Post 222
Big Len
post Mar 10 2022, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Our 3rd annual Gathering is a bit different with a couple of extras and options.

First, this will be a PCA sponsored event, which means all drivers will have to register at the Driver Registration desk set up in the parking lot.
Second, all updates will be on this opening post.

The Date - July 8th - 10th

The Place - The Hampton Inn will be our choice again because it's highly rated, serves a real breakfast, has an indoor pool, and most importantly, has a large, lit parking lot not visible from any road. Trailer parking is no problem. I've secured 25 rooms, both King and double Queen rooms are equally priced at $159.00 + tax and includes all hotel amenities. The group rate has unexpectedly run out, so call the hotel to reserve.

Hampton Inn
2134 W Landis Ave,
Vineland, NJ 08360
(856) 405-0600
Group name - Northeast 914

You must hold the room with a credit card, but NO CHARGES will be applied until your arrival. The cutoff date is July 7th, so you cancel without penalty up until that date.

For drivers, there's a $42.00 registration fee which includes a double sided commemorative T shirt, a similar window decal, a catered Saturday night dinner, and tickets to the incredible vendor raffle. If your guest would like a shirt, they will be $25.00. These fees can be sent to me via PayPal or check -

lcoloccia4077@gmail.com
Len Coloccia
5 Gray Rock Dr. Unit 10
Vernon, NJ 07462
DON'T FORGET TO SEND SHIRT SIZE
THE CUTOFF DATE FOR SHIRTS IS JUNE 17TH

Friday arrivals will take part in a "group buy" pizza in our lot. After breakfast Saturday morning, we'll leave on a 100 mile cruise heading towards the shoreline, maybe a picture stop at East Point Lighthouse, and then head for New Jersey Motorsports Park for a 20 minute session lapping the 2.25 mile track. Even at highways speeds, I can't tell you what a thrill it is. When we're done, we'll have lunch at the track's Finish Line Pub.

[b]OPTION 1

About 2 pm, those who want to can hit the go kart track. I'm not sure if they'll be timing laps, but we'll have a prize for the fastest time. You can make your own reservation on the link -
https://njmp.briqbookings.com/en-US/deals/arrive-drive

If not karting, we can head back to hotel and jump in the pool, have a few beers, take a nap or simply bullshit about our cars. Saturday night brings a catered meal by a famous local establishment, 2 tech sessions, a couple of stupid games, and a fantastic vendor raffle. BYOB, but they'll be water, ice, cups, and some good tequila. Last year's group included a few original owners, a Porsche tech or two, and a bunch of rabid 914 owners. You must be a 914 owner to attend, but if your car is under the weather, you can bring another lesser model Porsche.

OPTION 2 If you'd like to get down a day early (Thursday) and spend the day on the beach, the hotel will be offering the same discounted rate.

OPTION 3 Some of us may be staying in Sunday and Monday nights moving to Wildwood on the beach and making this a mini vacation. I have not secured any rooms, but if you're interested, let me know. Either way, it's going to be epic.

REGISTRATION PAYMENTS MADE -

Lisa and Rob C. - Mens Large
Mike J. - Mens S
Deborah and Steve R. - Mens XL
Zach N. - Mens XXL
Ralph G - Mens XL
John C. - Mens XL
Steven H. - Mens XXL and XL
Tony A. - Mens L
Ellen and Bruce - Mens L & XL
Tom L. - Mens L
Bob H. - Mens L
Ed M. - Men's M
Tom H. - Mens L and Mens M
Dion - Men's L
Don F. - Mens L
Dave T. - Men M and S
Roland S. - Mens 2XXL
Steven Borland - Mens XL
Ben B. - Mens XL
Rob D. - Men's L
Parker B. - Mens M & S
R. Jeremy S. - 2 Mens M
Ray M - Mens 2XL
Travis S. Mens M & S
Rory G - Mens XL and L
Nick D - Men's L
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ejm
post Mar 11 2022, 05:50 AM
Post #2

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224
Region Association: None

I'm planning to be there.
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Mar 11 2022, 07:39 AM
Post #3

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329
Region Association: North East States

Len - Count me in......I will send funds via paypal. Is there a special code needed to get the 134 rate at the hotel. And of course thanks for pulling this together again.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 11 2022, 09:12 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 11 2022, 08:39 AM) *

Len - Count me in......I will send funds via paypal. Is there a special code needed to get the 134 rate at the hotel. And of course thanks for pulling this together again.

Hey Ralph, the link is set up for that price. Or you can call the hotel and mention the group name, especially if you have questions.
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Mar 11 2022, 09:17 AM
Post #5

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Oh man, if Ralph's in you can count me out! Next thing you know Tony, Dion, Dave, Bob, and the entire PA mafia will show up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm booked, Len, thanks for setting this up! I just called the number and spoke to the reservations desk there to get the group rate. I asked her what "group code" she had us under, and the only designator she could provide is that the "Rate Plan" is C-NOR. Not sure if that will help with getting group rate for online bookings or not. If not, just call.
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Mar 11 2022, 09:17 AM
Post #6

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042

Double post. First time that's ever happened to me...
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 11 2022, 09:49 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 11 2022, 10:17 AM) *

Oh man, if Ralph's in you can count me out! Next thing you know Tony, Dion, Dave, Bob, and the entire PA mafia will show up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm booked, Len, thanks for setting this up! I just called the number and spoke to the reservations desk there to get the group rate. I asked her what "group code" she had us under, and the only designator she could provide is that the "Rate Plan" is C-NOR. Not sure if that will help with getting group rate for online bookings or not. If not, just call.

Just added the group name - Northeast 914 But the link is automatic.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Mar 11 2022, 11:09 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,753

Done - reserved and registered! Vroom-vroom!
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Mar 11 2022, 11:13 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565

Aw, too bad it's the weekend before I'll be racing (not the 914) at NJMP Thunderbolt. We usually have a big party in the paddock on Saturday evening...y'all have fun!

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 10 2022, 05:56 PM) *
Some of us may be staying in Sunday and Monday nights moving to Wildwood on the beach and making this a mini vacation.

Goodnight Irene's

/thread

+Quote Post
MDTerp
post Mar 12 2022, 02:06 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,075

Room is booked and paypal sent. Thanks Len for setting this up again. Last year was a great time and hopefully the thunderstorms will cooperate again.
+Quote Post
TonyA
post Mar 14 2022, 06:41 PM
Post #11

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 11 2022, 11:17 AM) *

FORGETABOUTIT
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 14 2022, 08:18 PM
Post #12

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

Amy and I will be there. Bugging out early on Sunday to get home and try to get me and Theo to Scout Camp late Sunday night or Monday morning.

Zach
+Quote Post
Tonyooc
post Mar 15 2022, 12:05 PM
Post #13

1974 2.0

Member No.: 21,763
Region Association: South East States

I think I can make it....just need to check my schedule. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 16 2022, 07:33 AM
Post #14

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

Paypal sent. Let me know if you don't get it presently.

Zach
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Mar 16 2022, 09:09 AM
Post #15

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329

Booked the room and sent the $ via paypal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) We are ready to roll.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 16 2022, 06:27 PM
Post #16

I'm listing payments as they come in at the bottom of the opening thread.
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Mar 17 2022, 06:16 AM
Post #17

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179

I am in, sending registration now, John C.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 17 2022, 06:50 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Mar 17 2022, 07:16 AM) *

I am in, sending registration now, John C.

Hey John, what's the shirt size?..........Never mind, got it John.
+Quote Post
sjhenry1075
post Mar 17 2022, 12:48 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 14,709

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 10 2022, 06:56 PM) *

Our 3rd annual Gathering is a bit different with a couple of extras and options.

First, this will be a PCA sponsored event, which means all drivers will have to register at the Driver Registration desk set up in the parking lot.
Second, all updates will be on this opening post.

The Date - July 8th - 10th

The Place - The Hampton Inn will be our choice again because it's highly rated, serves a real breakfast, has an indoor pool, and most importantly, has a large, lit parking lot not visible from any road. Trailer parking is no problem. I've secured 25 rooms, both King and double Queen rooms are equally priced at $134.00 + tax and includes all hotel amenities. The easiest way to reserve a room is by using the link below -

https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/...ts=1&cid=OM

Hampton Inn
2134 W Landis Ave,
Vineland, NJ 08360
(856) 405-0600
Group name - Northeast 914

You must hold the room with a credit card, but NO CHARGES will be applied until your arrival. The cutoff date is July 7th, so you cancel without penalty up until that date.

For drivers, there's a $42.00 registration fee which includes a double sided commemorative T shirt, a similar window decal, a catered Saturday night dinner, and tickets to the incredible vendor raffle. If your guest would like a shirt, they will be $25.00. These fees can be sent to me via PayPal or check -

lcoloccia4077@gmail.com
Len Coloccia
5 Gray Rock Dr. Unit 10
Vernon, NJ 07462
DON'T FORGET TO SEND SHIRT SIZE

Friday arrivals will take part in a "group buy" pizza in our lot. After breakfast Saturday morning, we'll leave on a 90 mile cruise along the bay side, maybe a picture stop at a lighthouse, and then head for New Jersey Motorsports Park for a 20 minute session lapping the 2.25 mile track. Even at highways speeds, I can't tell you what a thrill it is. When we're done, we'll have lunch at the Track Pub.

OPTION 1
About 2 pm, those who want to can hit the go kart track. I'm not sure if they'll be timing laps, but we'll have a prize for the fastest time. You can make your own reservation on the link -
https://njmp.briqbookings.com/en-US/deals/arrive-drive

If not karting, we can head back to hotel and jump in the pool, have a few beers, take a nap or simply bullshit about our cars. Saturday night brings a catered meal by a famous local establishment, 2 tech sessions, a couple of stupid games, and a fantastic vendor raffle. BYOB, but they'll be water, ice, cups, and some good tequila. Last year's group included a few original owners, a Porsche tech or two, and a bunch of rabid 914 owners. You must be a 914 owner to attend, but if your car is under the weather, you can bring another lesser model Porsche.

OPTION 2 If you'd like to get down a day early (Thursday) and spend the day on the beach, the hotel will be offering the same discounted rate.

OPTION 3 Some of us may be staying in Sunday and Monday nights moving to Wildwood on the beach and making this a mini vacation. I have not secured any rooms, but if you're interested, let me know. Either way, it's going to be epic.

REGISTRATION PAYMENTS MADE

Lisa and Rob C. - Mens Large
Mike J. -
Deborah and Steve R. - Mens XL
Zach N. - Mens XXL
Ralph G - Mens XL
John C. - Mens XL

Attached Image

Len, I will be attending with my father. I just sent the money via Paypal and included shirt size, but just in case:

Me XXL my father XL.

Thank you!
+Quote Post
sjhenry1075
post Mar 17 2022, 01:20 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 14,709

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 11 2022, 11:12 AM) *

Hey Ralph, the link is set up for that price. Or you can call the hotel and mention the group name, especially if you have questions.

Every time I click on the link the rate comes up as $204/ night.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:17 PM